Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New hybrid with bulbs is close to 3k
But it wasn't about the Hybrid as it served well for SPS.
I have no idea what the Radions run nowadays but this box just showed up in the mail ;)

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He added T5's to his xr30 pro's He had the same amount that you have on this tank. But he is also doing a SPS tank and was struggling. Once he added the T5's and added some special sauce that I use things have exploded on his tank and he is very happy. Was not a happy camper with just the xr30 pro's thou. Especially with the cost of said units.
What special sauce? Or are you loling.

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always had success with my Diesel Brew but everyone knows that ;)
IMG_2376.JPG

Or the new Brew in town "Coral moonshine" @PSXerholic

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, wait, I thought you were kidding, and still do, but you didn't actually dose sweet and sour and browning sauce into your tank did you lol?

Also I assume the metro was as needed and not consistently? If not you're creating super bugs and killing inverts on a consistent basis lol. No wonder I've encountered some stubborn bacterial infections recently!

I wish I could read tone in text but I can't. Sorry

Last edited:
OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, wait, I thought you were kidding, and still do, but you didn't actually dose sweet and sour and browning sauce into your tank did you lol?

Also I assume the metro was as needed and not consistently? If not you're creating super bugs and killing inverts on a consistent basis lol. No wonder I've encountered some stubborn bacterial infections recently!

I wish I could read tone in text but I can't. Sorry

Not kidding here at all.
Metro was dosed by one tiny scoop a day in the mix.
Old recipe from our German friend Henkel.
As you know that SPS can be infected by bacterial and parasites for most.
With consistently dosing this in small amounts it will collect it in the slime cover of the coral with no bad effects for even anemones and clams.
The SSS is for the much needed natural glucose and carotene for color.
Of course there ain't any scientific backups for this other than how I was successful in growing acro's fast and colorful.
Most methods in this hobby are born from non-scientific results.
My friend Andre @PSXerholic dosed this Brew before his house flooded by Harvey with success, even he added some kind of ZEO product to it as why the term NEO-vit came from.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not kidding here at all.
Metro was dosed by one tiny scoop a day in the mix.
Old recipe from our German friend Henkel.
As you know that SPS can be infected by bacterial and parasites for most.
With consistently dosing this in small amounts it will collect it in the slime cover of the coral with no bad effects for even anemones and clams.
The SSS is for the much needed natural glucose and carotene for color.
Of course there ain't any scientific backups for this other than how I was successful in growing acro's fast and colorful.
Most methods in this hobby are born from non-scientific results.
My friend Andre @PSXerholic dosed this Brew before his house flooded by Harvey with success, even he added some kind of ZEO product to it as why the term NEO-vit came from.

Haha ok, if the metro doesn't hurt inverts then that's cool. The sweet n sour sauce would concern me, what about all the other ingredients? Not worried about those? I get you had success but just wondering.

Glucose do you mean needed as a carbon source or for the corals directly?

Carotene for coral color? Is there at least science for that or where did that belief come from?

What about the browning sauce, what's that for? I saw it contains all sorts of herbs and spices....

For sodium nitrate did you target a ppm or just dose an amount?

Would love to see your full recipe with amounts per dose/dose frequency etc. Very interesting.

Thanks

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha ok, if the metro doesn't hurt inverts then that's cool. The sweet n sour sauce would concern me, what about all the other ingredients? Not worried about those? I get you had success but just wondering.

Glucose do you mean needed as a carbon source or for the corals directly?

Carotene for coral color? Is there at least science for that or where did that belief come from?

What about the browning sauce, what's that for? I saw it contains all sorts of herbs and spices....

For sodium nitrate did you target a ppm or just dose an amount?

Would love to see your full recipe with amounts per dose/dose frequency etc. Very interesting.

Thanks
No joke guys, this stuff had some great effects.
Plenty of different carbs in the browning, vinegar Asian cuisine style, carotenoids good for orange and red hence the Arcti pods, salmon and shrimps are so red glowy ;-)
One thing is that I always had exreme PE after dosing it! Some stuff in there must triggering the taste butts of the SPS quite good. I will go back to this weird mix shortly in a few weeks or so.
At the moment I'm not feeding at all, but run low on PO4 so it's time, lol.
I also put sometimes dry Spirulina superfood in to get Po4 up.
Last but not least I kept using a bit Skimmer gunk for the nice stinky smell of all that, lol.

I did not use the metro (I should have), but mixed Coral frenzy and Zeostart into it. But that was when I did use the Zeostart as carbon source for nutrient control.

Small batches will last only a few days so it's Reef cooking every few days.

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way, carotenoids are a super important ingredient in many coral foods!!!
Wondering if pure fresh carot juice did make the @Diesel corals red flaming glowy o_O

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No joke guys, this stuff had some great effects.
Plenty of different carbs in the browning, vinegar Asian cuisine style, carotenoids good for orange and red hence the Arcti pods, salmon and shrimps are so red glowy ;-)
One thing is that I always had exreme PE after dosing it! Some stuff in there must triggering the taste butts of the SPS quite good. I will go back to this weird mix shortly in a few weeks or so.
At the moment I'm not feeding at all, but run low on PO4 so it's time, lol.
I also put sometimes dry Spirulina superfood in to get Po4 up.
Last but not least I kept using a bit Skimmer gunk for the nice stinky smell of all that, lol.

I did not use the metro (I should have), but mixed Coral frenzy and Zeostart into it. But that was when I did use the Zeostart as carbon source for nutrient control.

Small batches will last only a few days so it's Reef cooking every few days.

The thing is, there are supplements for reef tanks or pure lab chemicals you can use to dose the things you mentioned into an aquarium. There are many other ingredients in those food products that have no place in a reef tank, like the various herbs/spices for example. Seems like an unnecessary risk to me, but, whatever works for you!

Last edited:

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing is, there are supplements for reef tanks or pure lab chemicals you can use to dose the things you mentioned into an aquarium. There are many other ingredients in those food products that have no place in a reef tank, like the various herbs/spices for example. Seems like an unnecessary risk to me, but, whatever works for you!
Well, don't disagree here!
However a small glass of beer, organic bananas, coke, even some crazy guys supplement mayonnaise for the fats, or simply Miracle Gro plant food did show great effects.
At the end it turned out to be that certain ingredients were responsible for the resulting effects on the Corals or Fish. 30 years ago no one would ever tried to pour Vodka or Vinegar into his tanks, not realizing how beneficial it would become one day ;-)

We do manage risks all day long on our tanks, doesn't matter if technical or chemical or biological.

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, don't disagree here!
However a small glass of beer, organic bananas, coke, even some crazy guys supplement mayonnaise for the fats, or simply Miracle Gro plant food did show great effects.
At the end it turned out to be that certain ingredients were responsible for the resulting effects on the Corals or Fish. 30 years ago no one would ever tried to pour Vodka or Vinegar into his tanks, not realizing how beneficial it would become one day ;-)

We do manage risks all day long on our tanks, doesn't matter if technical or chemical or biological.
BTW, Mayonnaise you have to make your own out of egg yolk, not the stuff from the store to utilize the Proteins, Vitamins and minerals ..... last but not least the carotenoids in there ;-)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back