OP
acer

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK - as expected, the board voted to utilize Reeftrader again for the swap. It should be listed soon. I will link it here as soon as I see it listed.

python73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess you can limit how many different corals some one can sell unless they pay the 30.00 club membership. So if you have more then 5 adds then u need to pay the 30.00 membership fee.

As someone with quite a bit of experience with frag swaps... no, you cannot. For many reasons. These swaps are not professionally run. Even the best run, smoothest and most successful swaps I've been to have BARELY had the staff to manage the bare minimums (collect entry fees, get people to the right tables, make sure people have what they need, make sure people have room to get around and see items, deal with the raffle). P2P deals are a staple of these events, but the host doesn't have any input. No way to moderate, no way to collect any fees, no way to stop it even if they wanted to try.

Think about it. Say you have your swap in Cranberry (a pipe dream I know) at the Sheraton for example. The host says NO PRIVATE DEALS and for some reason people still show up. Because many would immediately just not go. There are about forty places handy to there that the host would have literally no control of that would only mildly inconvenience swappers to utilize. "Let's meet at Arby's on the way there at 10:30." The amount of bad blood you'd create in order to funnel sales where the host prefers would not be worth the cost. Can you imagine searching purses to make sure people didn't sneak in frags without paying a host tax? Yeah, no you can't.

Anyway, I wish everyone a great time at the swap. Some day one will happen outside of the South Hills (where I wouldn't travel to for free <name awesome thing here>) or Monroeville (see previous comment) and I'll show up to help out. Always had a blast selling micro critter packs with a small scoop of live sand for a couple bucks.

OP
OP
acer

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reeftrader is Up = https://www.reeftrader.com/swaps/94

Python- we actually did try to look at the Sheraton in Cranberry- thier quote was "prohibitive" to say the least. Please continue to look for any venue in the north are of Pittsburgh as I am NOT looking forward to the drive to this years swap.

OP
OP
acer

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have great news:

1) Jason Fox and Frost will both be vendors at the swap. A full list of vendors is coming soon - I would rather wait till we are full and post it once instead of changing it/adding etc. and we are getting close to full already.

2) Fritz is sending a raffle prize package including salt, dosing liquids,etc. https://fritzaquatics.com/

Nick forlini

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slight amendment* setup will be the day "before" if vendors wish to set up (allowing the corals to looks their best) after the tables are set up but that time is still TBA.

Nick forlini

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sneak peek of the vendor list so far. This list is tentative and subject to change

Screenshot_20200115-175611_Excel.jpg

Nick forlini

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here you go: The Fragswap will be on 5/9/2020 from noon till 5 PM. The location is: 1100 Fells Church Road, Rostraver Twp, Pa 15012-4713.

It is our annual frag swap, come see and buy awesome corals from vendors and other hobbyists. Vendor tables = (6 foot table with electric for LED light/small circulation pump, access the evening before for set up 8-10 PM or at 9 AM the day of the swap) are $100 plus a donation to the raffle of at least $50, or $150 with no raffle donation. We are limiting coral vendors to approximately 20. Hobbyist table (1/2 of a 6 foot table with electric - setup is allowed at 10 AM the morning of the swap) is $60 plus a frag or two donation ( $30) to the raffle. General Entrance is $5. We will be utilizing Reef Trader for the swap - so look for that on thier website Reeftrader.com.

Amendment: 8' tables

OP
OP
acer

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pm Me or Jaime on R2R or Message us on the Facebook page if you do Facebook. If you PM me here I will give you my cell phone number so we can talk/text - or you can just use PayPal and sent the money to us = [email protected], noting the payment is for "hobbyist frag swap table".

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Pm Me or Jaime on R2R or Message us on the Facebook page if you do Facebook. If you PM me here I will give you my cell phone number so we can talk/text - or you can just use PayPal and sent the money to us = [email protected], noting the payment is for "hobbyist frag swap table".
Thanks! PM and payment sent

OP
OP
acer

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got home to three packages from Central Pet in WI today = https://www.central-aquatics.com/. They donated a bunch of Kent additives and phytoplankton, a nice Coralvue 150 skimmer, and 2 Coralvue lights for the Fragswap. Awesome!!

IMG_20200226_153350080.jpg

Last edited:

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back