20g stocking

Deontae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I’ve had my 20g long with some fish for around a month now and I’m wondering if I can add anything else
Current stock:
O. Clown pair
Royal gramma
Clean up crew
I was wondering if I could add any more fish, and if so what are some recommendations
Thanks for any help

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you could probably add one or two smaller fish like a goby and/or a blenny. A tailspot or canary blenny or something like a sandhopper blenny would do well in a 20 (although the canary and sandhopper might get a little large) that or a firefish or a clown goby.

OP
OP
D

Deontae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you could probably add one or two smaller fish like a goby and/or a blenny. A tailspot or canary blenny or something like a sandhopper blenny would do well in a 20 (although the canary and sandhopper might get a little large) that or a firefish or a clown goby.
Firefish are pretty sweet, do you think I would see him regularly or would he just hide in the rocks?

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Firefish are pretty sweet, do you think I would see him regularly or would he just hide in the rocks?
you wont see him for the first week. If you notice if any of your fish are aggressive I wouldn't get a firefish.

My firefish was added with my clowns when the clowns were tiny and they actually group together.

if you want something a little different a purple firefish would look cool as well but it's a little more expensive

OP
OP
D

Deontae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you wont see him for the first week. If you notice if any of your fish are aggressive I wouldn't get a firefish.

My firefish was added with my clowns when the clowns were tiny and they actually group together.

if you want something a little different a purple firefish would look cool as well but it's a little more expensive
I really just want something that will be out and about like my clowns, they don’t chase the gramma at all so the firefish would hopefully be fine

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really just want something that will be out and about like my clowns, they don’t chase the gramma at all so the firefish would hopefully be fine
like i said you won't see it for the first week. When I first got mine I actually was getting worried it was dead (it was my first saltwater tank so I was second guessing everything) and I removed all my rock to find him. Eventually he gets used to your presence and will come out

OP
OP
D

Deontae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
like i said you won't see it for the first week. When I first got mine I actually was getting worried it was dead (it was my first saltwater tank so I was second guessing everything) and I removed all my rock to find him. Eventually he gets used to your presence and will come out
If it was your tank would you get a firefish or a clown goby?

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it was your tank would you get a firefish or a clown goby?
I'd do both. Clown gobies are tiny however mine likes to perch on the glass so you see him a lot. However if I had to choose between the two I would get the firefish

OP
OP
D

Deontae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd do both. Clown gobies are tiny however mine likes to perch on the glass so you see him a lot. However if I had to choose between the two I would get the firefish
Okay cool I was thinking if I did both that would be too much bio load

Back