20g tank finally where I want it to be

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my saltwater tank set up for about 5 months now and I am finally happy with where it is at, just 2 days ago i was able to solve my diatom problem and the entire tank is perfectly clean and looking great! This is my first ever attempt at anything in the saltwater realm and I couldnt be happier. Most everything in my setup is DIY as well. Any pointers or thoughts? My clowns are onyx percula btw

20190523_125420.jpg

20190523_125412.jpg

20190523_125405.jpg

20190523_125359.jpg

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
!!! Welcome to R2R !!! Nice looking tank.

Last edited:

Tiger Brown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, it looks fantastic, love how clean it is. My only suggestion was going to be to use the many options available to block the back glass with black or dark blue, but you already addressed it. That is my one pet peeve I have with my fellow fish hobbyists, a beautiful tank with beautiful fish with the back glass showing all the wires, pumps, equipment, etc.

OP
OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, it looks fantastic, love how clean it is. My only suggestion was going to be to use the many options available to block the back glass with black or dark blue, but you already addressed it. That is my one pet peeve I have with my fellow fish hobbyists, a beautiful tank with beautiful fish with the back glass showing all the wires, pumps, equipment, etc.
I've liked in the past being able to see the filtration but now it's kinda annoying because how much equipment there is.. what's the best way to black it out with the tank full? Emptying the tank to black it out is something o wanna avoid.

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20 gallons! I am going to be hiding the filtration at some point too so ignore the non blacked out back

Great idea. I painted the back glass black on mine with Plastic Dip. You can do a vinyl wrap since you already have the tank running.

OP
OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great idea. I painted the back glass black on mine with Plastic Dip. You can do a vinyl wrap since you already have the tank running.
My biggest fail with the aio filtration is using clear acrylic so it's going to be a pain figuring out how to blackout that. The back of the tank will be easy

Tiger Brown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I would suggest the vinyl wrap, just one that is a big sticker like Oceanvisions which you can find online or at your LFS. I have their black one and it works like a charm.

Fishy_mcfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've liked in the past being able to see the filtration but now it's kinda annoying because how much equipment there is.. what's the best way to black it out with the tank full? Emptying the tank to black it out is something o wanna avoid.

You can try using window tint, maybe the limo 5% will be dark enough to hide all the equipment?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back