OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those do look nice - do they require brackish water?
No, they will be in this tank I’m building. These have been raised freshwater and can stay that way. A buddy of mine has a 4 year old that’s always been in fresh.

Jeight

Mumble
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
posted this to wrong thread :( but did an edit :)

Grueling Kettlebell class this morning with my hardazz eastern European strong like bull 55-year-old woman teacher...her core (and she's a big woman) is way stronger than mine which is humbling. Followed by a 2.5 mile hike on a trail with 2 400+ft elevations. Then we went to see US..not a bad flick.

Cable management done cheated with who did it but done.

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@mch1984 I liked that power strip you bought, so got one from Amazon; using it to make a second Arduino reef controller (will eventually adapt this design for a planted aquarium...)

Arduino_RelaySurge-3358.jpg
Arduino_RelaySurge-3361.jpg
ArduinoTouchController-3027.jpg

I've run the relays in parallel with the switches - this allows either to turn an outlet ON, although I'll always be using the controller (relays) to turn outlets ON or OFF. There are four additional relays available for future expansion.

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will start the workout stuff tomorrow, although I feel I did today. Ended up at Lowe’s and getting spring fever. Bought a bunch of shrubs for the front of the house. Some rose bushes and and some other plants for pots. Love spring time

Jeight

Mumble
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will start the workout stuff tomorrow, although I feel I did today. Ended up at Lowe’s and getting spring fever. Bought a bunch of shrubs for the front of the house. Some rose bushes and and some other plants for pots. Love spring time

Did 8 miles today @ 16:00 pace..sore AF right now

next Sunday = 10m probably won't hike on Sat

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've run the relays in parallel with the switches - this allows either to turn an outlet ON, although I'll always be using the controller (relays) to turn outlets ON or OFF. There are four additional relays available for future expansion.

Nice and some great background music too!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@mch1984 - how did that workout go this morning?

@Jeight - well done yesterday!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@neoGeorge - have you ever looked into building a reef pi aquarium controller?

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@mch1984 - how did that workout go this morning?

@Jeight - well done yesterday!
It didn't It will happen tonight, I'm not backing out I promise. There is an elementary school right by the house and a lap around the property is right at a mile. I'll be doing 2 or 3 laps tonight around 9 tonight.

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me restate that, I will be doing a 2 or 3 laps at a fast walk. I am so out of shape it's pathetic. I was thinking about things this last week and here is the story. I used to weigh what I weigh now, then about 6 years ago I lost 75 lbs and was bulking up nicely. I was extremely dedicated to the gym and my diet. We had a safety meeting one time at work and it started at 5, so I woke up at 2:30 so I could work out and when everybody was chowing on burrito's I was drinking my protein shake. I thought about how I started back then and I how I kick started everything back then. I was walking a couple miles every night, then transitioned into the gym after about a month or so. Maybe I have been trying to do this all wrong and I need to start like I did last time. I realized I have no energy because of my current shape, and I think previously walking in the evenings helped give me the energy to start waking up in the morning. I'm trying to go full speed out of the gate and that doesn't work and I know that.

edit: I'm still not sure what made me quit going or how I dropped the habbit. I went at it for a little over 2 years and then it's like over night I quit. To this day I'm not sure why.

Last edited:

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me restate that, I will be doing a 2 or 3 laps at a fast walk. I am so out of shape it's pathetic. I was thinking about things this last week and here is the story. I used to weigh what I way now, then about 6 years ago I lost 75 lbs and was bulking up nicely. I was extremely dedicated to the gym and my diet. We had a safety meeting one time at work and it started at 5, so I woke up at 2:30 so I could work out and when everybody was chowing on burrito's I was drinking my protein shake. I thought about how I started back then and I how I kick started everything back then. I was walking a couple miles every night, then transitioned into the gym after about a month or so. Maybe I have been trying to do this all wrong and I need to start like I did last time. I realized I have no energy because of my current shape, and I think previously walking in the evenings helped give me the energy to start waking up in the morning. I'm trying to go full speed out of the gate and that doesn't work and I know that.

Totally agree. Plus, we've got to be careful not to give ourselves undesirable side affects. I realize you're quite a bit younger than me (51) and @Jeight (in his 50's) but it's still a possibility to give ourselves a heart attack. Plus, your previous method is tried and true. If it worked then it will work now.
Inch by inch it's a cinch... easy peasy Japanesey!

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@neoGeorge - have you ever looked into building a reef pi aquarium controller?

@crusso1993 - I didn't learn about the pi until after I had already designed my own Arduino controller, which fits my tank needs. If I step up in the future, it would probably be Apex...

upload_2019-3-25_9-25-48.png

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally agree. Plus, we've got to be careful not to give ourselves undesirable side affects. I realize you're quite a bit younger than me (51) and @Jeight (in his 50's) but it's still a possibility to give ourselves a heart attack. Plus, your previous method is tried and true. If it worked then it will work now.
Inch by inch it's a cinch... easy peasy Japanesey!
Yeah I agree, I'm younger but older than I was the last time. Another problem I have is that I hate cardio but love to lift. I have to get passed that, I need to loose some before I start getting serious about lifting again.

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the subject of the tank, I have a question. I decided to turn the light on all day to see what it's like to work with it. I will say it's pretty intense and because of the height it's kind of in the face. Any negative impact to positioning the light like this instead of straight above. I know I'll get some shadows because of it, but think it will work? It seem to help with light in the eye problem.

IMG_2773.jpg

Jeight

Mumble
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the subject of the tank, I have a question. I decided to turn the light on all day to see what it's like to work with it. I will say it's pretty intense and because of the height it's kind of in the face. Any negative impact to positioning the light like this instead of straight above. I know I'll get some shadows because of it, but think it will work? It seem to help with light in the eye problem.

IMG_2773.jpg

you may need a new pair of Ray-Bans just for computer work:) I wouldn't think turning it is all that important in the big scheme of things

I bought a shade for my kessilh380 in the 3d printed sub forum I wonder if you could get the same guy to whip you up a shade for your Hydra 26 ...it looks like a hydra 26 size maybe I am wrong here but heres his link https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/kessil-light-director-save-your-sump.574241/#post-5859700

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you may need a new pair of Ray-Bans just for computer work:) I wouldn't think turning it is all that important in the big scheme of things

I bought a shade for my kessilh380 in the 3d printed sub forum I wonder if you could get the same guy to whip you up a shade for your Hydra 26 ...it looks like a hydra 26 size maybe I am wrong here but heres his link https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/kessil-light-director-save-your-sump.574241/#post-5859700
Actually I am sending @dantimdad an AI prime now to print up a diffuser and it may help the problem as well.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_2773.jpg

Hey, you could always get one of those bended hospital ceiling curtain rods and a nice piece of plastic, install and paint the plastic black and voila! No more light spill anywhere! No need to thank me. Lol

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, you could always get one of those bended hospital ceiling curtain rods and a nice piece of plastic, install and paint the plastic black and voila! No more light spill anywhere! No need to thank me. Lol
This world would be lost without your genius in it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 59 85.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back