22 gallon office build

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maintaining that 11 min pace adding a 4th mile! Keep on, keeping on!

Thanks @Scurvy ! Getting back into it and hoping to find a job in a warm-weather state before the winter hits here. The last 3 years I have stopped running in the winter because, well, I hate winter. Are you a runner? (I mean other than from the cops!)

I think I saw a picture of you on someone's thread. To me, you look slightly like Matt Dillon in that pic.

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good job @crusso1993, and here I am not working out all weekend. To be fair I spent all day sunday fishing, and I don't mean from a boat or dock sitting in a chair. I walked the banks of a lake and moved around all morning. I know it's not the same but I was on my feet and moving for about 5 hours, I felt like I worked out.

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So made some progress with the lagoon, got the rock and sand in. Here are some pictures of the rock before I added the sand. I did end up moving the rock a little after the pictures but not much. After seeing how my yellow tang reacted to the rock I'm really excited. He was swimming all around the rock in the open area, you could tell he enjoyed the new set up. The water was severely clouded after the sand so I'll get some pics after it's cleared up. Also, just so happen the only LFS we have happen to have a blue dot toby in at the moment. I don't typically buy things from them unless I catch it right after they get them in and I did. He's fat and healthy looking and my wife as wanted a puffer for a long time, so I picked him up. He is already eating good and took some frozen krill and some home made mix I have. I'll get some pics of him too once the water as cleared. This week I am going to rip apart the sump and clean it up and rearrange some. I have to fit the new/used skimmer in there and need to make some room. I'm doing good, I wanted to make the change without having to remove the little tang and stressing him too bad, and it's been working. I don't know if it's just him or if it's the captive bred part, but he's hard to rattle. He'll even let me put my hand in there and cup him in my hand a little, he seems to almost like it.

IMG_3175.jpg

IMG_3176.jpg

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So made some progress with the lagoon, got the rock and sand in. Here are some pictures of the rock before I added the sand. I did end up moving the rock a little after the pictures but not much. After seeing how my yellow tang reacted to the rock I'm really excited. He was swimming all around the rock in the open area, you could tell he enjoyed the new set up. The water was severely clouded after the sand so I'll get some pics after it's cleared up. Also, just so happen the only LFS we have happen to have a blue dot toby in at the moment. I don't typically buy things from them unless I catch it right after they get them in and I did. He's fat and healthy looking and my wife as wanted a puffer for a long time, so I picked him up. He is already eating good and took some frozen krill and some home made mix I have. I'll get some pics of him too once the water as cleared. This week I am going to rip apart the sump and clean it up and rearrange some. I have to fit the new/used skimmer in there and need to make some room. I'm doing good, I wanted to make the change without having to remove the little tang and stressing him too bad, and it's been working. I don't know if it's just him or if it's the captive bred part, but he's hard to rattle. He'll even let me put my hand in there and cup him in my hand a little, he seems to almost like it.

IMG_3175.jpg

IMG_3176.jpg

Happy tang, mang!

And a blue dot Toby...

As @Katrina71 said, "More pics!"

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Scurvy ! Getting back into it and hoping to find a job in a warm-weather state before the winter hits here. The last 3 years I have stopped running in the winter because, well, I hate winter. Are you a runner? (I mean other than from the cops!)

I think I saw a picture of you on someone's thread. To me, you look slightly like Matt Dillon in that pic.
Hahah, Thanks! I'd say Im probably closer to his less handsome brother Kevin :) Haven't run in years really but you were spot on that it was mostly from the cops. As kids we'd hide in the woods and toss eggs at security patrols on the huge Polaroid campus in town so they'd chase us. As we got older and threw parties in the woods we carried police scanners so they could never catch us and we stopped having to run! We learned to work smarter I guess. Just rooting for you guys is all!

Last edited:

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_3175.jpg

IMG_3176.jpg
I like that a lot!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So more pics for everybody, the puffer is still a little shy but he’s getting there. I’m really liking the top down look, plus I can reach everything in the tanks

67C35C8F-BFCA-4129-BEC8-A6A71D5DC535.jpeg

B54232F3-E8CD-43BE-9F4D-8A2FDC7797EC.jpeg

26912756-3029-470B-9DEB-62C4F5222763.jpeg

CFE1E7A5-E131-47BD-8ECD-A65D764C6F51.jpeg

You stink! Oh, um, I mean nice set up and fish.

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This setup is much like our 60. Square and shallow. We are tossing around some ideas for rock placement. I'd like to hear your observations about flow.
Sorry forgot to answer the flow part, I kind of designed it around my power heads. With that being said there are two dead spots but that’s it. I readjusted a few times after watching the flow. It worked out well putting the rock in with water in the tank. Then I got to watch the small rock particles move around and see how the flow was going to work. I haven’t turned the power heads on since since adding the sand so we’ll see how that goes.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back