22 gallon office build

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm killing the diet but not the work outs, plus I worked to 8:00 yesterday and didn't want to do anything.

Thrilled that you're dialed in on the nutritional plan. However, you do know I'm only going to let you skate for so long before I start slingin' mud! ;)

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thrilled that you're dialed in on the nutritional plan. However, you do know I'm only going to let you skate for so long before I start slingin' mud! ;)
Yes yes, I understand. Not happening the next few day though, I'm full of excuses and right now it's gout. I'm not even sure what triggered this attack, it might actually be loosing the weight.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes yes, I understand. Not happening the next few day though, I'm full of excuses and right now it's gout. I'm not even sure what triggered this attack, it might actually be loosing the weight.

Well, that sucks!

I'm sure you know this but some general things to remember about gout;
1.) It is often triggered by diet. More specifically, foods that cause an increase in uric acid.
2.) Avoid alcohol - mostly beer (yeah, you read that right, sorry)
3.) Avoid sugar/foods high in sugar with exception to fruits and vegetables (no tomatoes though)
4.) Increase your water consumption
5.) Take an anti-inflammatory (NSAID)

The above and about two bucks will get you a cup-o-Joe at most gas stations. (No sugar in that coffee though!)

Obviously, I hope you bring this up with your nutritionist at work.

Sending you healthy and healing vibes, my friend!

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, that sucks!

I'm sure you know this but some general things to remember about gout;
1.) It is often triggered by diet. More specifically, foods that cause an increase in uric acid.
2.) Avoid alcohol - mostly beer (yeah, you read that right, sorry)
3.) Avoid sugar/foods high in sugar with exception to fruits and vegetables (no tomatoes though)
4.) Increase your water consumption
5.) Take an anti-inflammatory (NSAID)

The above and about two bucks will get you a cup-o-Joe at most gas stations. (No sugar in that coffee though!)

Obviously, I hope you bring this up with your nutritionist at work.

Sending you healthy and healing vibes, my friend!
Thanks, yeah this one seems to be going on the down hill side of things pretty quick. It's usually at 5 or 6 days for me when it hits. This one may be done after just a few, or at least the worst of it.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, yeah this one seems to be going on the down hill side of things pretty quick. It's usually at 5 or 6 days for me when it hits. This one may be done after just a few, or at least the worst of it.

Well, one bright thing is that you live in a hot, dry area. People with gout are often severely impacted by high humidity.

Hang tough!

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So made some progress with the lagoon, got the rock and sand in. Here are some pictures of the rock before I added the sand. I did end up moving the rock a little after the pictures but not much. After seeing how my yellow tang reacted to the rock I'm really excited. He was swimming all around the rock in the open area, you could tell he enjoyed the new set up. The water was severely clouded after the sand so I'll get some pics after it's cleared up. Also, just so happen the only LFS we have happen to have a blue dot toby in at the moment. I don't typically buy things from them unless I catch it right after they get them in and I did. He's fat and healthy looking and my wife as wanted a puffer for a long time, so I picked him up. He is already eating good and took some frozen krill and some home made mix I have. I'll get some pics of him too once the water as cleared. This week I am going to rip apart the sump and clean it up and rearrange some. I have to fit the new/used skimmer in there and need to make some room. I'm doing good, I wanted to make the change without having to remove the little tang and stressing him too bad, and it's been working. I don't know if it's just him or if it's the captive bred part, but he's hard to rattle. He'll even let me put my hand in there and cup him in my hand a little, he seems to almost like it.

IMG_3175.jpg

IMG_3176.jpg

Looks like things are getting off to a great start!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hotter than a billy goat with two peckers out there today but I'm goofy and went in the heat anyway!

Screenshot_20190713-145232_Connect.jpg

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@mch1984 - This one was rough today. I pulled the same stupidity I always do when starting over. I only ate an avocado, handful of almonds and 2 granola bars yesterday and nothing so far today. Was hotter today than yesterday and no breeze at all.
After 3 miles, I had to stop every 1/2 mile for about 2 minutes.
I got out there though and got the deal done! (And I don't mean deal when I say "deal!")

Screenshot_20190714-151433_Connect.jpg

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hows the skimmer working out for you?
I don't know yet lol, I haven't installed it yet. I haven't had the time to tear apart the sump yet, hopefully sometime this week I will get around to it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back