22 Years, it's Time to Retire!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pacific East Aquaculture is entering our 22nd year. I have been a hobbyist since 1965. I am still very passionate about and love what I do and PEA is extremely successful. Rachel and I are looking toward retirement in 2022. PEA will continue to operate and grow as we seek a serious buyer.

Some highlights for a serious buyer:
  • Situated on Maryland's Eastern Shore, we are located within low-cost next day shipping to 25% of US population. The Eastern Shore is an idyllic area of waterways and inlets. We are near the resort locations of Ocean City Maryland and the Delaware beaches, plus Assateague island--our favorite for on-beach bonfires.
  • Our custom facility is situated on 3/4 acre and zoned commercial with expansion rights. Sale includes facility, land, out buildings, several vehicles, and huge livestock reserve.
  • Very low property taxes in a quiet and safe small town. Our commercial property in nestled within a residential community.
  • Turnkey very successful online and retail business.
  • Very profitable tank maintenance business with growing clientele.
  • Wholesale division with huge growth potential.
  • Rapidly expanding very profitable live food division. Phytoplankton, copepods, rotifers, etc.
  • Easily expandable to accomidate dry good sales with low cost shipping.
  • Just updated custom facility with geothermal heating, AC, and water temp control. Attached greenhouse. Huge livestock holding and propagation capacity. Automated monitoring and surveillance systems.
  • Exclusive network of the finest worldwide suppliers. I helped set up the farms in several countries that we now import from regularly.
  • Rights to exclusive supply from our Tonga farm. We are the first business to have a coral/clam farming license in Tonga. With restrictions in exports from many other countries increasing, this exclusive supply will be invaluable!
Serious buyers may contact me directly [email protected]. No discussions will be responded to in this thread. Please only serious discussions via email only.

Pacific East Aquaculture will continue to operate and grow while we look toward retirement in 2022. Our passion and commitment are not changing! We will continue to provide superior customer service and offer the finest livestock, as we have done for the last 22 years.

20210424_164933~3.jpg

20210424_163405~2.jpg
20210424_163345~4.jpg
20210424_163934~2.jpg
20210424_164010.jpg
20210424_163544~6.jpg
20210424_164254.jpg
20210424_163523~3.jpg
20210424_164748.jpg
20210424_114233~2.jpg
20210424_163419~2.jpg

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you find a wonderful successor. I know you guys have worked hard for so long. Enjoy your own time. Congrats on your future retirement!

David Becher

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your service to the hobby and good luck with your sale! Not sure if you know Mark and Mike at House of tropical a but that’s where I started in this hobby when I lived in MD about 20 years ago :)

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of pure curiosity (and some intrigue) , how long are you willing to stay on with the eventual buyer to assist with the transition to help transition some of your knowledge on the new buyer?

Good luck with the retirement.

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of pure curiosity (and some intrigue) , how long are you willing to stay on with the eventual buyer to assist with the transition to help transition some of your knowledge on the new buyer?

Good luck with the retirement.

Will not be moving from the area, so will work with buyer as long as needed. Plan to help manage the farm in Tonga.

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think you have been at it longer than 22 yrs ? I remember when you were the "go to" place for rare (wild caught) clownfish and anemones way back in the day .... late 80's early 90's ???

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally making me wanna sell my house and give you all my $$$$$$! This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking for a turnkey operation! Good luck to you guys! Love your stuff so much! Need to do a Blasto order ASAP!

fin mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on your retirement. I strive for it daily!

I love that you are still passionate and want to continue in the hobby, just with a different focus. For those of you reading this post, there is opportunity here.

The biggest asset of this business is Dr. Mac himself. If he wants to switch gears and work on the farm in Bali, it can only enhance the opportunity once you’ve settled in. He can be a pipeline not only for farm stock, but I’m sure he will intensify existing relationships as well as build new ones.

There is a person out there who has the knowledge, ENERGY, capitol, and willingness to take this opportunity to the next level. His strategy has been clear. Obtain rare varieties, and aquaculture them so that everyday people can take a shot at this hobby without adversely affecting the planet. If he is at “the source “, what goodies will you be able to procure that others can’t giving you the advantage.

Look what other savvy business people have been able to do to advance this hobby? Demand is growing as shared knowledge becomes more available.

You’ll be taking a heck of a risk, but if you have the passion and the drive, you can make your mark on this hobby that could be everlasting as well as having the adventure of your life.

Good luck Dr. Mac. I hope you profit handsomely from all you efforts. It’s the American dream in motion. Kudos and God bless America.

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish you luck with finding a buyer and happy retirement!! Thanks for your contributions to the hobby over the many decades.

Back