220 gallon but will it be ok on main floor?

SSpinler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband surprised me with a 220 gallon! With that said it is to replace my current 125 gallon that currently house my fire eels. There is a metal support beam/load bearing wall directly behind it and my tank will be horizontal across the beams. Will this be ok, should we add more support beams? Or just put it in the basement?
Thank you in advance for any advice!

T_BONE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the new tank. I say add support to it and put the 125 in the basement as a Sump/fuge!! Just my $.02
Happy Reefing!!! Be sure to do a build thread with lots of pics.

Salty716

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband surprised me with a 220 gallon! With that said it is to replace my current 125 gallon that currently house my fire eels. There is a metal support beam/load bearing wall directly behind it and my tank will be horizontal across the beams. Will this be ok, should we add more support beams? Or just put it in the basement?
Thank you in advance for any advice!
I'd get someone to look at it, then add more support if you really want it upstairs. You're looking at almost double the weight with just water. I put my CADE 1200 in my basement because just the tank/stand weight by itself is nearly 500 w/o water and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back