themcnertney

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for asking. :)

Tank is starting to come along nicely after a year of road bumps, broken skimmers, broken ATO, bad alk reagent. I am back to sps again (they make me happy). Got to tell ya though I am thinking about going big.

Do you still like the Hydra? I have been hording lighting types, I have ATI T5, Metal Halide 250 wt Phoenix, and the AI Hydra. I really want to go MH again, but the heat dang it.

I'm glad your tank is getting back on track (knowing you it probably never got off track haha). Anxious to see some pics. Beings you're in AZ, I would maybe just stick with the hydras. I really like mine, although I believe that the lights are what caused my RBTA to die off slowly.

BTW I'll be in Scottsdale and Fountain Hills for a couple weeks leaving this Saturday. Visiting my family.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad your tank is getting back on track (knowing you it probably never got off track haha). Anxious to see some pics. Beings you're in AZ, I would maybe just stick with the hydras. I really like mine, although I believe that the lights are what caused my RBTA to die off slowly.

BTW I'll be in Scottsdale and Fountain Hills for a couple weeks leaving this Saturday. Visiting my family.

Yeah I lost my BTA when I switched as well, I have never lost a BTA, weird though all the other anemones do fine.

Give me another month and I will be more enthusiastic about posting images, the tank was really ugly but coming around again FINALLY.

There are some really awesome tanks in Phoenix, if you have time maybe reach out to the local group or pm @evolved, his tank is one of the awesome ones.

:cool:

OP
OP
themcnertney

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite fish is the smallest. Also a quick fts durning water change wednesday
0567e1943561a790b6183d762becb78e.jpg
35e4705d2558407954dce19169c5c982.jpg

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks looks awesome Dan. How often do you see the Yellow Clown Goby in that tank? Does it the fish always perch on the sps, have you ever seen it spawn.

OP
OP
themcnertney

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks looks awesome Dan. How often do you see the Yellow Clown Goby in that tank? Does it the fish always perch on the sps, have you ever seen it spawn.
You can pretty much see the goby when looking at the tank at all times. He always stays within the sps and jumps colony to colony. The only time I notice its perched and or swimming is when doing water changes, no flow. I haven't seen it spawn. I think Ive had the fish for five years or so.?.

OP
OP
themcnertney

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having a large tank, its sometimes hard to keep track of everything that is in the tank. Anyway, yesterday I was doing a little maintenance when I had noticed that my Blue Hippo Tang and Lyretail Anthias were missing. Its unfortunate. Don't think I'll ever figure out how or why.

OP
OP
themcnertney

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp its time that I frag my very large toadstool. I got this coral off @Murr7 back in May 2017. It since has gotten big, too big. My plans are to cut it down the middle. I want to then take each piece and place it on either side of the tank. I will continue to let everyone know how it goes, some pics and some dos and don'ts as I have never fragged a coral quite like this. Below are few pics from the short time I have owned it...
img_7845-1-jpg.352939

IMG_0237[2].JPG
IMG_0553[1].JPG

OP
OP
themcnertney

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The split went well. I gopro'd the whole thing, unfortunately, my setting were incorrect on the time lapse and the video is only 5 sec long, you blink and its over. Oh well. The toadstool was huge. Way bigger then thought. It is amazing how much water it retained. When I removed it from the water it shrunk quite a bit.

IMG_0682[1].JPG

I also moved a lot of coral and rock around after this change. Once settled in, I will post a fts.

Murr7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank looks so much bigger without that taking up the center. I'm having some sps trouble after a few weeks away so I'm hoping to get you a couple more frags this week/weekend.

OP
OP
themcnertney

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend of mine gave me some RBTA's over the wknd. He gave me a total of five. Although very small, they seem to be doing good. I dropped them inside a big shell I had to the right of the tank. This is where the previous nems where and where my clowns sleep and hangout. Fingers crossed they do well.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Rockin' and rollin'! I love following this tank!

Back