OP
themcnertney

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been about a month since Ive posted. Had some light issues. Story goes, had an electrical panel upgrade on my home. While the work was being performed I had my tank running off a generator. At some point I lost power to my three hydras. After multiple phone conversations with technical support I was able to get two of the three lights running again over a couple days. The third, we believe may have been a fan or power supply issue. I sent the fixture in for trouble shooting and repair. Two days later I got a UPS tracking number and a new receipt from AI, all of which was free of charge. Two days following that, a new fixture arrived at my door. Props to AI. Much appreciated. All is good now.

89ffb354-feca-4071-ae62-70cd838fe644-jpeg.1101454

OP
OP
themcnertney

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess I spoke too soon.

I am still having light issues. Went home for lunch today and my house had lost power. One of my lights wasnt working. So I have to figure that out.

Between my light problems and swithcing salt brands, I have lost several SPS. Including my beloved hawkins echinata that I have had for over ten years. Sad day for my reef.

OP
OP
themcnertney

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The struggle continues to be real. Even though the last 3 months have been difficult, I remain positive. I have lost all of my sps. I believe salt change is my enemy now more so then the light issues I have had. I hope to understand Brightwell Aquatics salt and how it differs from Kent Marine. Once my tank gets back on track, I will be on the hunt for sps so stay tuned.

OP
OP
themcnertney

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had another power outage and one my AI Hydra 52 quit working again (one of my three older lights). Sent it back to AI and they replaced with no questions asked. This is the second of three that failed when I lost power. Man they are great company.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huge bummer Dan. On the bright side you get to add some sps you may not have had room for before.

I see BTA are doing fabulous. I like the orange rimmed mushrooms.

:)

OP
OP
themcnertney

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huge bummer Dan. On the bright side you get to add some sps you may not have had room for before.

I see BTA are doing fabulous. I like the orange rimmed mushrooms.

:)

Hey there. Been a while. Hope all is well. Tank will turn around eventually and be better then ever. The roller coaster of the hobby I suppose.

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The struggle continues to be real. Even though the last 3 months have been difficult, I remain positive. I have lost all of my sps. I believe salt change is my enemy now more so then the light issues I have had. I hope to understand Brightwell Aquatics salt and how it differs from Kent Marine. Once my tank gets back on track, I will be on the hunt for sps so stay tuned.
did you switch from Kent to Brightwell, and you're seeing issues coincidentally after the switch?

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you’re at work, check into your tank, and all’s you see is pumpkins. Haha
C14CD59A-E6AE-4588-A96D-998F8B5D587C.jpeg
Hi Dan, just checked out your thread. Tank looks great. I see sps coming back. So you think the salt was the culprit?

BTW I grew up near Mansfield, OH and my first job out of college was in Akron. I had a “Good Year” up there. Can you guess where I worked :)

Back