OP
themcnertney

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the plumbing done, fingers crossed, no leaks. But then again I’m a terrible plumber. Most the electrical is organized. I plan to fill tomorrow night.

klimfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the plumbing done, fingers crossed, no leaks. But then again I’m a terrible plumber. Most the electrical is organized. I plan to fill tomorrow night.

Good luck! Plumbing my tank was painstaking, but worth the tedious work because now I know I'm G2G.

What kind of drain are you running?

Take your time filling, pay attention to any water that may gather around a bulkhead, etc, much easier to empty a 1/4 full tank and adjust a bulkhead than a full one!

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today’s been a roller coaster of a ride. Woke up to find all my fish dead. All the large fish that is. I think lack of oxygen is the problem. I had thought I had the power heads pointed at to top to break the water but I don’t think it was the enough. The emergency situation called for removing all the coral and surviving fish. They are in totes that were setup couple days ago. Called a crew and we moved the tank downstairs. Got the lights hung and will do the plumbing next couple days.

what a day.

8998F0C6-14C2-4243-87A0-5A218D65FC1F.jpeg
Omg that totally sucks! So sorry, hope the rest of the move goes better.

OP
OP
themcnertney

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didnt have enough water to get the tank filled up last night. Should be good tonight. I ran a test through my sump to my DT and both returns leaked at the bulkheads. I am assuming the same will be for the drains. So that is something I will have to work out. UGH the worst.

OP
OP
themcnertney

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you do?
To fix the minor leak that was at the threads from the transition of pvc to barb for plastic tube, I used Teflon tape.

The major leak was at the bulkhead. We found the glass at the top of the hole where the gasket sits had a good size chip. I don’t know how I didn’t notice this previously or what I did to solve it. Anyway, I doubled up the gasket on the bulkhead. The allowed the gasket to conform to the chip and seal it properly.

OP
OP
themcnertney

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The struggle is real as of lately. I remain positive and patient that it will turn around soon.

You can read my issues and maybe provide some feedback here...

OP
OP
themcnertney

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current livestock after the unfortunate relocation to the basement:
  • (2) B&W Ocellaris clownfish
  • (1) Banggai Cardinalfish
  • (1) Blue/Green Chromis
  • (1) Black Longspined Urchin
  • (1) Purple Firefish
  • (3) Red Bubble Tipped Anemone, very small and very bleached.
  • (?) Orange/Green Mushroom
  • (?) Frogspawn
I can't wait to get this back on track and start adding more livestock. I am not sure what I have in mind for fish. As for coral, I'm going sps...

Back