OP
themcnertney

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t get the credit they deserve. Also wish they would come out more during daylight. So
Pretty.
65763CFB-E5A3-4FDB-897F-A9A2E13DEF59.jpeg

OP
OP
themcnertney

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update: A couple months ago, I had my float valve for my autotop off fail and dump about 50 or so gallons of RODI into the tank. My skimmer went crazy and started overflowing. It was messy. I lost about half of my coral most of which were really starting to take off. I had to battle (and still am) all sorts of different algae again. Cyano is my nemesis as of today. After sometime, things seem to be rebounding pretty well. I added a couple more sps coral as well as a yellow clown goby. I missed my little guy and he didnt make it in the move last year. So much personality in such large tank for such a little fish.

Speaking of one year, it has been about one year since I had rebuilt the tank and moved it to my basement. Seems like forever ago.

Stephensx04

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow what a ride you have been on. Tank is awesome and the dedication. Hope I have the success you had when I get mine going. I do agree with the KISS method. I've had good luck with that. But dang nver seen a tank with so many bristle worms. I know they are good but they creep me out.

OP
OP
themcnertney

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure who all remembers me here, but the tank is still rolling. It’s been neglected a bit with life and kids and all. Got a plethora of GSP. Still love the tank though.
A80197D0-747E-49C5-B3E6-2D97301D9175.jpeg

OP
OP
themcnertney

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, been a while.

I have some difficult but necessary news to share. My tank has to be taken down.

We have been having major moisture issues in our house recently and now have been getting mold down stairs in the basement. There isnt enough ventilation and too much water for the space. I have tried to fix it, but it has now become a safety concern for my family and I.

Downgrading size isn't really feasible.

I plan to sell off my livestock, rock and tanks. I will keep the equipment as I hope to one day build another setup in a better space.

How and where do I begin to do this ???

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry. I’m guessing you are already thought of this or tried one, but I use a medium capacity dehumidifier to help with the evaporation from my 180.

Either way good luck!

OP
OP
themcnertney

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry. I’m guessing you are already thought of this or tried one, but I use a medium capacity dehumidifier to help with the evaporation from my 180.

Either way good luck!
I have been running a dehumidifier for many months now. I think its beyond what I am capable of fixing. Only way I see is to eliminate the water.

OP
OP
themcnertney

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a little help of my wonderful wife, I have been able to sell just about everything with the exception of the Atlantic Blue Tang.

OP
OP
themcnertney

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Downgrading is now an option.

I am trading coral to a good friend of mine for a 29 BioCube. This tank will move upstairs and house the B&W clowns that I have had for many many years. Coral will be in this as well and with it being upstairs, I hope give it some more attention.

Future build thread coming ?

Last edited:
Back