220 redo

rookie 220

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some advice on adding fish to tank I've got a220 gallon tank, finished cycle beginning of July. Currently I've got 3 clowns,2 storm and a lightning, would like to know an order for adding a Tang gang. Don't think I'll be able to add all at once do to cost and availability, makes it easier for taking enrolling slow lol
Tangs i would like to have are
Naso, blonde or just naso
Yellow
Indian Gold Ring
Thank you all in advance

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would add the naso last as they are the most mellow. Dont know much about the indian gold ring but assuming they act like other bristletooth tangs, they would be a 50/50 on aggression just like the yellow tang. If you can I would add at least these two at the same time.

OP
OP
R

rookie 220

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would add the naso last as they are the most mellow. Dont know much about the indian gold ring but assuming they act like other bristletooth tangs, they would be a 50/50 on aggression just like the yellow tang. If you can I would add at least these two at the same time.
With the naso being the least aggressive wouldn't I want to add that one first?
Another question, do naso tangs East like a bristletooth, scraping?

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the naso being the least aggressive wouldn't I want to add that one first?
Another question, do naso tangs East like a bristletooth, scraping?
Yes I meant to say add the naso first

For picking at algea off of rocks the bristletooth and zebrasoma tangs in my experience are the best at that. I have heard that naso tangs dont pick at rocks and algae very often but not entirely sure.

OP
OP
R

rookie 220

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the salifin being in the same species as the yellow tang, this isnt the best match as tangs from the same species and shape are the most aggressive to each other.
Even with introducing them to tank at same time or would that just be delaying the aggression

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 72 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 70 50.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back