22ft long, 2,000 gallon reef tank. Many of you have followed us working on it, now see this featured on BRS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
In the BRS video I loved his skimmer, it was basically a large boiler...lol. I'ld have a generator just for the tank.

The whole house is on a backup generator. Just in case lol

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It can be a bummer sometimes, BUT if you guys did ship to Canada I'd probably be broke lol so all for the greater good I say!

lol You would just have to make a Top Shelf budget!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Impressive! Maybe it was said in the video and I missed it, how thick is the acrylic? Agree that flow becomes a problem in a really large (and long) tank. Too bad there aren’t better alternatives to 27 pumps. Love the zebra tang!

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Impressive! Maybe it was said in the video and I missed it, how thick is the acrylic? Agree that flow becomes a problem in a really large (and long) tank. Too bad there aren’t better alternatives to 27 pumps. Love the zebra tang!
I believe its 1.5" acrylic. The zebra tang is one of our favorites too. We almost kept him here at the store lol but figured 22ft was a little larger home than we have here at the farm.

U

User1

View Badges
It almost seems that at 22ft would make a good tank for a surge device. Not sure if the tank has EURO bracing or not but that size I'd bet the tank walls could withstand the force. Then again not sure what sort of structure would work since you probably want to move 40 to 60 gallons at once. That would be a interesting whoosh / wave :)

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, thats a good point. If I ever get around to doing a truly huge tank, I’d definitely look into Carlson/Bourneman style surge devices.

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It almost seems that at 22ft would make a good tank for a surge device. Not sure if the tank has EURO bracing or not but that size I'd bet the tank walls could withstand the force. Then again not sure what sort of structure would work since you probably want to move 40 to 60 gallons at once. That would be a interesting whoosh / wave :)

While I am sure that would be awesome. I definitely think I would want to plan that with the initial build of a system. Would be cool to see some waves though lol

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back