22gal tank cycle

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good points by Brandon429. But you are starting the clowns in a separate QT tank for awhile. The snails would be going into your 4 week old main tank to start working on the forming algae. But again, you are fine waiting if you want.

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here they are :) :DSorry it’s a bad pic i will take a better one once they are in :)

image.jpg

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
really nice here, nice teamwork looking all set to go. qt= nicely done, thats rare start. u can enjoy the main tank with a little cuc and some corals and spot feeding for a while in buildup should all balance out well

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just feed lightly while they are in the QT tank and make sure you keep watch on ammonia levels, try to stay ahead of any measurable ammonia with small regular water changes. You can think about proactively treating with Prazipro or simply observe for symptoms first. Some proactively run copper, but that's a bit more involved so I do not. I also try to buy from an LFS that I know QT's to avoid the QT process altogether.

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you plan on having coral? If so, I'd ditch the emerald. I get it, really cool creature, seems utilitarian, but they can also go rogue and pick at LPS and soft coral.

I'd recommend something like 5 nassarius, 3 Astrea and 2 hermits to start. You may grow to hate hermits, again, depending on if you have coral or not.
What could I replace the emerald with for stocking ? Because I’ve decided that I would rather have some nice corals over the emerald crab

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No good one to one replacement for the emerald crab that I can think of, unfortunately. People like them because they are known to eat bubble algae among the other benefits crabs provide like detritus cleanup. Hermits and snails will be your substitutions.

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No good one to one replacement for the emerald crab that I can think of, unfortunately. People like them because they are known to eat bubble algae among the other benefits crabs provide like detritus cleanup. Hermits and snails will be your substitutions.
I mean like what other fish / invert can i have in this tank other than the clowns hermits and snails

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So many different options and personal preference. Look into gobies and blennies for sure. If you dont know where to start, check out the nano fish section on LiveAquaria. Not sure I'd recommend ordering from LA at this point, but the website is still a good resource.

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So many different options and personal preference. Look into gobies and blennies for sure. If you dont know where to start, check out the nano fish section on LiveAquaria. Not sure I'd recommend ordering from LA at this point, but the website is still a good resource.
I can’t order form La anyway because they only deliver to America and I’m in the uk I like the watchman goby but they need 30 gal and I like the look of the green clown goby but I’m not sure I will have a look
I really really like lobsters and starfish but I can’t have either
Edit after looking : I really like the royal gramma basket would one of those work ?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Royal Gramma would work.

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you plan on having coral? If so, I'd ditch the emerald. I get it, really cool creature, seems utilitarian, but they can also go rogue and pick at LPS and soft coral.

I'd recommend something like 5 nassarius, 3 Astrea and 2 hermits to start. You may grow to hate hermits, again, depending on if you have coral or not.
I’m going to get some snails or hermits soon what should I get first ?
isnt 5 narssarius snails a lot ?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd get snails before hermits. Unless you want to feed the hermits separately until you put the fish in. Nassarius snails are very small.

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd get snails before hermits. Unless you want to feed the hermits separately until you put the fish in. Nassarius snails are very small.
Ok will get the narcissus snails first then or the astrea depend what my lfs has in

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 53 81.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.6%
Back