24" end plate or not

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

dbq5anlxj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about to order the 48" version t5 hybrid for my new tank. The tank is 60x30x21 and the aquascape is about 24 wide sps dominate. I will mount 4 or 5 xr 15 in the mid. Will the standard 18 inch work for filling the shadows or it's better to expend the width of the fixture using the 24" end plate. Thanks

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you'd be better with the 24" plates. I suggest ordering them now so that you can ultimately test both, and if you find that the 18's work fine, you can at-least return the 24's. Would be better than waiting and having to re-order something I suppose. I run the standard on an 18" wide tank and don't think there's thaaaat much overspill.

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I would agree too. The 30" width of the aquarium I feel would be covered better with the 24" expanded width of the fixture.

Sorry to let you know the 24" LED brackets are currently out of stock but hope to have them in the next 45 days.

OP
OP
dbq5anlxj

dbq5anlxj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you'd be better with the 24" plates. I suggest ordering them now so that you can ultimately test both, and if you find that the 18's work fine, you can at-least return the 24's. Would be better than waiting and having to re-order something I suppose. I run the standard on an 18" wide tank and don't think there's thaaaat much overspill.
Thanks man. I think it might be the best way to do this. Ordering both one and decide which one to keep.

OP
OP
dbq5anlxj

dbq5anlxj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would agree too. The 30" width of the aquarium I feel would be covered better with the 24" expanded width of the fixture.

Sorry to let you know the 24" LED brackets are currently out of stock but hope to have them in the next 45 days.
Thanks for the reply. My local fish store dose have the 24 bracket instock. I guess I need to hurry up order it now Lol I just wish the reflector is adjustable like the noopsyche hybrid.

OnPointCorals

Premier Aquaculture SPS Boutique
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been weighing the same decision with my incoming 61" AL hybrid. I have a 72x30 tank. I was doing the measurements and I am a little worried as my eurobracing comes in 4" on front and back. Unless the eurobracing is cleaned every few days I fear most of the T5 light is going to be filtered out. My rock work is far off the front and back glass also.

I ultimately decided to go with the 18" and see. If I find the front and back are shaded I will change it up.

OP
OP
dbq5anlxj

dbq5anlxj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been weighing the same decision with my incoming 61" AL hybrid. I have a 72x30 tank. I was doing the measurements and I am a little worried as my eurobracing comes in 4" on front and back. Unless the eurobracing is cleaned every few days I fear most of the T5 light is going to be filtered out. My rock work is far off the front and back glass also.

I ultimately decided to go with the 18" and see. If I find the front and back are shaded I will change it up.

Congrats for the new tank. I totally forgot about the eruo bracing part. That makes the noopsyche hybrid even better we can angle the reflector to direct light unfortunately they don't carry it anymore in North America. My tank will finally be here tomorrow . I guess i'll just start cycle without the light. Just treat it as a fish olny tank for now. What LED light you gonna use for the hybrid fixture?

OnPointCorals

Premier Aquaculture SPS Boutique
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

scratch that. I just got my fixture in. The first t5 bulb front and back do not come in until 2 3/4” in. This will allow the 24” to work with the eurobrace. The first bulb will be just inside the eurobrace on my 30” front to back tank. I’m goingwith the 24”end plates for sure.

now I just need to find them in stock. Every where is out of stock for some reason. Any one find the24” brackets anywhere?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back