OP
OP
Engrene4

Engrene4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i need an suggestion for what salinity/gravity i should have the water at because i am thinking of adding anemones, coral, and fish that are all easy to keep. (salinity/gravity level right now S= around 28.5 G= around 1.021)

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i need an suggestion for what salinity/gravity i should have the water at because i am thinking of adding anemones, coral, and fish that are all easy to keep. (salinity/gravity level right now S= around 28.5 G= around 1.021)

Don't add an anemone until at least 6 months gravity IMO should be 1.024 -1.025

OP
OP
Engrene4

Engrene4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! i am currently running it with nothing in it but rocks and bacteria i will wait until the 2 month mark to add a small amount of fish to help with the nitrogen cycle.

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! i am currently running it with nothing in it but rocks and bacteria i will wait until the 2 month mark to add a small amount of fish to help with the nitrogen cycle.
Happy to help! Sounds good so far what's your filtration?

OP
OP
Engrene4

Engrene4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am using just a simple carbon filter (thinking about adding floss soon) and its cycling the water at 150 gph

OP
OP
Engrene4

Engrene4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help..

Yesterday i received a radioactive dragon eye zoanthid and i put it in one of my other tanks and i checked on it today and it is still closed and it looks like it has no head or tentacles just like yesterday. Is this normal?!

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help..

Yesterday i received a radioactive dragon eye zoanthid and i put it in one of my other tanks and i checked on it today and it is still closed and it looks like it has no head or tentacles just like yesterday. Is this normal?!

Parameters? Also if you could get pictures too

OP
OP
Engrene4

Engrene4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
parameters:

temp -80* f

salinity -33.89

specific gravity -1.025

calcium - around 440ppm

ph -8.2

lighting - one 15w t8 with reflector (i will be receiving a led lamp that puts out around 450

par 3'' away from its surface)

ammonia -0ppm

nitrite -0ppm

nitrates -5ppm

zoa.jpg

and here is a picture of the zoanthids
i have it in a tank that is just corals and fish there is nothing in the tank that can harm it and i have not seen anything touch it so far and i have been closely monitoring it it is also at the bottom of the tank which is why i put it in this container because it was in between rock work and would have been a hard picture to take it has looked like this for 2 days now ever since i received it.

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
parameters:

temp -80* f

salinity -33.89

specific gravity -1.025

calcium - around 440ppm

ph -8.2

lighting - one 15w t8 with reflector (i will be receiving a led lamp that puts out around 450

par 3'' away from its surface)

ammonia -0ppm

nitrite -0ppm

nitrates -5ppm

zoa.jpg

and here is a picture of the zoanthids
i have it in a tank that is just corals and fish there is nothing in the tank that can harm it and i have not seen anything touch it so far and i have been closely monitoring it it is also at the bottom of the tank which is why i put it in this container because it was in between rock work and would have been a hard picture to take it has looked like this for 2 days now ever since i received it.

Everything looks pretty good give the zoa time since its only been two days they don't look too bad

OP
OP
Engrene4

Engrene4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah i have to admit it is weak but it is a spare in the meantime while i get a led i will probably move the coral up and away from the bottom and direct flow so it will receive more light and move it back down for when i get the led

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back