.25 phosphates and green hair algae

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I tend to speak pretty similarly, too. But a single sentence, over four hundred words, without any commas or periods, is pretty difficult to read. I'm surprised it doesn't all blur together for you, my brother is dyslexic and he needs a lot of line breaks to be able to clearly read.

I know grammar can be pretty tricky, but, if you don't get fussy about exact rules, periods are pretty simple. They increase the readability really nicely, too, which makes posts more helpful. Think of it this way; where would you pause to take a breath? I assume you can't quite say that many words without inhaling somewhere. If you can, I'm impressed.

Or, if you don't want to mess with periods, just clean line breaks. Put a line break every few sentences worth of words. It doesn't even have to be in any place related to grammar, it can just be somewhere related to sheer amount of words. For example, if that long post up there was broken into chunks of words about this big, it would be much easier to read. You could always type up a post, and then go and place some random paragraph breaks. As long as they weren't in the middle of words, it would help a lot.

I hope this doesn't come across as rude. I'm autistic, and I'm bad with tone in person and worse with tone online. I just can't read the longer posts you make, and it's a shame, because it looks like pretty good advice. I'd like to agree with it and potentially add to it, but I can't do that if I can't read it. I'd imagine other people can't read it, either.

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent you a message as hijacking someone else's thread to teach me is not cool sry to the op again I hope you work out your problem and again sorry for grammer wish I could do better

OP
OP
mikee002

mikee002

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great info thanks.

No they were not scrubbed in fresh water. It was salt water.

If you scrubbed to rocks in freshwater vs tank water you killed them and are now starting the cycle all over again with rocks very high in nutrients and without a good clean up crew to keep it in check you will almost always have gha problems as its always trying to grow and somthing has to keep it from growing long as there will always be food for it to grow enless you don't feed your tank which will kill everything else anyway so not really an option my guess is your nutrients have been high for awhile even tho undetectable as we can only test for whats in the water at that time and now your rocks are high so it can feed of them once you get it trimmed short and have a cuc to keep it that way and leach the rocks back to almost 0 it'll clear up leaching then will more then likly take a few weeks to a month but you will see it clear up slowly over that time with less and less growth and the eventually to where you no longer have to trim its as its growth rate equals what your clean up crew eats at that point reduce water changes slowly untill it tests in the water again and then go back to to the amount of water changes you were doing right before that could be once a week could be once a month depends on amount of food going into the system vs the uneaten food decomposing and the waste being produced by eaten food as what goes in is not equal to what needs to come out also once it clears up you may find your better off with a few large water changes in a month vs several small ones figure it like this 20 percent every 2 weeks is more nutrients leaving the system the 10 percent every week as each water change your still building up nutrients over time untill they either balance the system or over shell it and cause a problem I can show you the math if need be but the numbers are there overall 20 percent every 2 weeks removes more in the long run then 10 percent every week the end result over time at 10 percent is higher not say you should do 10 or 20 just say find what keeps your system happy and stick with tjat even if it's 50 percent once a month

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 70 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.8%
Back