25g Final Stocking List

RiftWalker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Tower M, Executive Towers, Business Bay, Dubai
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've discussed in another thread about what fish I should put in my 25 gallon (70x35x40) and here's what i've decided.
Current Stocking: -
- Ocellaris Clown x1
- Cleaner Shrimp x1
- Turbo Snails x2
- Nassarius Snail x1
- Hermit Crab x1

Planned Stocking: -
- Blue Spotted Watchman Goby x1
- Pistol Shrimp x1
- Designer Clown x1
- Sexy Shrimp x2

Subject to Change (Need Opinion): -
- Three Spot Damsel x1
- Firefish x1

My Equipment: -
- Seachem Tidal 75
- Nano Protein Skimmer
- Spectra Aquaknight V2 AO29 Light
- Sicce Voyager Stream Pump

What are your thoughts?

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've discussed in another thread about what fish I should put in my 25 gallon (70x35x40) and here's what i've decided.
Current Stocking: -
- Ocellaris Clown x1
- Cleaner Shrimp x1
- Turbo Snails x2
- Nassarius Snail x1
- Hermit Crab x1

Planned Stocking: -
- Blue Spotted Watchman Goby x1
- Pistol Shrimp x1
- Designer Clown x1
- Sexy Shrimp x2

Subject to Change (Need Opinion): -
- Three Spot Damsel x1
- Firefish x1

My Equipment: -
- Seachem Tidal 75
- Nano Protein Skimmer
- Spectra Aquaknight V2 AO29 Light
- Sicce Voyager Stream Pump

What are your thoughts?
is there enough for those turbos? they eat a crazy amount.

That sexy might get eaten, if you want a weird cool invert maybe get a porcelain nem crab if the conditions are right.

Maybe go with a smaller watchman that can use a Randall's pistol.

OP
OP
R

RiftWalker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there enough for those turbos? they eat a crazy amount.

That sexy might get eaten, if you want a weird cool invert maybe get a porcelain nem crab if the conditions are right.

Maybe go with a smaller watchman that can use a Randall's pistol.
So actually, the fish and inverts I already have have come from my 9 gal into this tank and with that came by rocks which are algae filled.
How will the sexy be eaten?
For me, I've not had luck with finding shrimp gobies which are available so I was excited when I found this one. But I'm checking with the store regarding it's size since I'm ordering online.

Also attached an image of the goby they are selling, getting a picture of the pistol

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-05-11 at 5.58.04 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-05-11 at 5.58.04 PM.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 45

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So actually, the fish and inverts I already have have come from my 9 gal into this tank and with that came by rocks which are algae filled.
How will the sexy be eaten?
For me, I've not had luck with finding shrimp gobies which are available so I was excited when I found this one. But I'm checking with the store regarding it's size since I'm ordering online.

Also attached an image of the goby they are selling, getting a picture of the pistol
it will grow even if it is smaller now. YWG have tiger pistol shrimp, which are the more aggressive of the pistol shrimp that pair with gobies. It may be better to find a different one. Do you have an LFS? they could likely order a specific species for you?

Sexy shrimp are super duper tiny, the clown can eat them, the cleaners can eat them and the pistols can eat them.

OP
OP
R

RiftWalker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it will grow even if it is smaller now. YWG have tiger pistol shrimp, which are the more aggressive of the pistol shrimp that pair with gobies. It may be better to find a different one. Do you have an LFS? they could likely order a specific species for you?

Sexy shrimp are super duper tiny, the clown can eat them, the cleaners can eat them and the pistols can eat them.
Alright I think I need to get a few things of my chest. I had my 9 gal for 2 years and my clown for a year and a half and I was always scared to add anything else. I'm in that excitement zone to get new fish and I feel I'll never get this opportunity again. So that's my mindset right now, and I also really want a goby pistol so I think I need to calm down a bit.

In Dubai, it's not exactly something the stores have advertised and no one has really done it. I do have 2 LFS which I rely on and they are big on the marine side so lemme see.

Also, pretty sure that pistol is a tiger pistol.

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright I think I need to get a few things of my chest. I had my 9 gal for 2 years and my clown for a year and a half and I was always scared to add anything else. I'm in that excitement zone to get new fish and I feel I'll never get this opportunity again. So that's my mindset right now, and I also really want a goby pistol so I think I need to calm down a bit.

In Dubai, it's not exactly something the stores have advertised and no one has really done it. I do have 2 LFS which I rely on and they are big on the marine side so lemme see.
No problem at all, it can be exiting and almost overwhelming when the options open up for stockings and being able to see fish you have been wanting for a long time. Let us know how it goes with your LFS!

OP
OP
R

RiftWalker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem at all, it can be exiting and almost overwhelming when the options open up for stockings and being able to see fish you have been wanting for a long time. Let us know how it goes with your LFS!
Thank you so much, ugh 15 is an annoying age too but yea. By the way, they were kind of vague. They told if their supplier offers, then they can order for me so fingers crossed. Till then, I think I'll order a clown, how does that sound?

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much, ugh 15 is an annoying age too but yea. By the way, they were kind of vague. They told if their supplier offers, then they can order for me so fingers crossed. Till then, I think I'll order a clown, how does that sound?
should be alright, make sure the clown is male though, when a clown is alone or if it is the dominant male in a group of clowns it will start to turn female, and female clowns cannot become male again.

OP
OP
R

RiftWalker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
should be alright, make sure the clown is male though, when a clown is alone or if it is the dominant male in a group of clowns it will start to turn female, and female clowns cannot become male again.
Yup, thanks, now is the really hard part - convincing my mother. Will have to pull out the birthday money

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Even being the meaner one, tigers are basically harmless.
if its paired with a YWG its likely a tiger, the coloration matches too.
I’m not so sure it’s a tiger, this one seems more spotty and pink.
+1
Essentially get a really small one

OP
OP
R

RiftWalker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

+1
Ok so my mom is saying that she'll get me a clown next month but now I run the risk of my current clown being fully established and will bully another one to death which I don't want. Should I wait for a month, try convincing, or just live with it?

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A month isn’t really going to make a huge difference if you’ve had it for a year and a half. It’s already well established.
Is she overly aggressive as of current? That would change whether or not I’d try pairing.
When adding the new clown, keep the female isolated for a bit or rearrange rocks to confuse her and give the male a chance to settle.

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

+1
Even so, in a smaller tank I'd be slightly worried about the tiger and the cleaner. Either way, I would recommend getting a smaller watchman, and most of those guys pair with randall's and not tigers (as reliably)

OP
OP
R

RiftWalker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A month isn’t really going to make a huge difference if you’ve had it for a year and a half. It’s already well established.
Is she overly aggressive as of current? That would change whether or not I’d try pairing.
When adding the new clown, keep the female isolated for a bit or rearrange rocks to confuse her and give the male a chance to settle.
Actually added her to the 25 only a day ago so not fully established but she took to tank quite well. She's already occupied the cave I made. She used to nip at my hands in the 9 gal so I was forced to wear gloves which I should have from the beginning. But to the shrimp and other inverts, she doesn't bother them.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back