R

RiftWalker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Tower M, Executive Towers, Business Bay, Dubai
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d think adding another should work out, just take precautions when doing so.
Did it attack you only in the 9 or also in here?
Only in the 9. I did put in the 25 but thats cause I put my hand in once to re arrange one rock and she was sleeping in her cave. What precautions should I take?

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good precautions when adding a new clown (or really any fish to a tank with a potential aggressor) would be to rearrange decor and isolate the aggressor (giving the new guy a chance to get used to the surroundings) or keep the new guy in an acclimation box (so the aggressor can get used to him).

OP
OP
R

RiftWalker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good precautions when adding a new clown (or really any fish to a tank with a potential aggressor) would be to rearrange decor and isolate the aggressor (giving the new guy a chance to get used to the surroundings) or keep the new guy in an acclimation box (so the aggressor can get used to him).
Alright, thank you so much. Currently, waiting for a shop to get it in stock cause they sell it between 27$ and 68$. There are other shops but their prices are higher and this would kinda play to my benefit cause my mom will only get me later.

OP
OP
R

RiftWalker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE

So I have a choice now. Either, I can get a discounted Designer Clown - 120 AED or a Disounted Harlequin Shrimp - 110 AED. (Will try to bargain prices a bit lower) Also, want to share a concerning text - thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-12 164857.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-12 164857.png
    353.7 KB · Views: 26

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Harlequin shrimp will cost much more when you factor in feeding. They need a diet of live starfish and will eat a lot of them. Difficult for even the most advanced of keepers.
I’d sooner get a clown (just one thing to be wary of is that the black morphs tend to be meanest, so go for an orange or white one).

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure if 2 works (they may fight in small numbers), so you may want to do one instead. Imo the tank isn’t large enough for a lawnmower but it can work.
Careful with the harlequin, they only eat starfish and can get very expensive to feed very fast.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back