26 gallon Red Sea MAX nano peninsula, Caribbean build

dabroli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My local fish store had the desktop version of the aquarium for sale at a cheap $350 so I couldn’t resist. Unfortunately had to source some of the parts online to match the actual full package that’s been sold out everywhere. As I wait for all the parts to come in I’ll start a build thread and get this bad boy cycling.

my plan is to start with some pink Fiji sand and dry rock.
I’m an upstate NYer in the beginning of winter so live stock will have to wait until spring.
my plan is to source some rock, gorgonians, macros, inverts, and fish from KP aquatics.
stock list is still a bit up in there air but there’s plenty of time to decide.

equipment will be all max nano stock accessories minus the stand, the stand will be a solid wooden one my wife purchased me. The only additional equipment I will add is an off brand auto top off and reservoir.

2892BD76-013F-4644-9E0C-9DEE843A2395.jpeg

OP
OP
dabroli

dabroli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it’s up and running for about a week now, had to put the Caribbean reef idea on back burner until spring when I can order some in season macros and corals off of reef cleaners. For now it’s holding a pair of my clowns and a watchman goby.

stck list is
Pair of false percula clowns
Ora yellow watchman
Strawberry conch
5 trochus snails
2 blue dwarf hermits
1 Caribbean feather duster
A few gorgonians
Blushing coral
Cespitulara
Kenya tree
Palythoas
Green star polyps
A few random macros I received from a friend

all the rock came from an established tank
Seeded the sand with established as well.

a few things of note, I bought the desktop version of this tank. I figured I would save several hundred by using a stand I already had, I’m regretting this now because I learned the desktop version is without a few key features.
No sump screen
No power module
No where to put led 50 so went with an off brand light (hipargero 100w)
No way to install power module or sump-screen; even when purchasing the parts separately, because the tank is built differently.
with that being said, it’s a nice tank.. but the water box and similar sized innovative marine are for sure a better buy.

DAF3068A-063A-41B4-95BF-301F007436F1.jpeg

OP
OP
dabroli

dabroli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might as well grow out a captive bred yellow tang while I wait

Attachments

• B3C99B02-2E53-4BF3-BFDB-068EC6700225.jpeg
    B3C99B02-2E53-4BF3-BFDB-068EC6700225.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 94

rubb221

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My local fish store had the desktop version of the aquarium for sale at a cheap $350 so I couldn’t resist. Unfortunately had to source some of the parts online to match the actual full package that’s been sold out everywhere. As I wait for all the parts to come in I’ll start a build thread and get this bad boy cycling.

my plan is to start with some pink Fiji sand and dry rock.
I’m an upstate NYer in the beginning of winter so live stock will have to wait until spring.
my plan is to source some rock, gorgonians, macros, inverts, and fish from KP aquatics.
stock list is still a bit up in there air but there’s plenty of time to decide.

equipment will be all max nano stock accessories minus the stand, the stand will be a solid wooden one my wife purchased me. The only additional equipment I will add is an off brand auto top off and reservoir.

2892BD76-013F-4644-9E0C-9DEE843A2395.jpeg
Hi I have this tank an there is a few issues I have had with it..I brought the stock skimmer an the red sea 50 led along with the ATO but the the problem is that all of these components don't fit in the rear chamber together the skimmer takes up most of the space so my light bracket is currently moved over to the right slightly an I've had to then angle it back to the middle,very annoying.Alos the red sea ATO is crap so don't waste your money but one from say from auto aqua its a really great nano ato

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 153 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 26.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 87 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.9%
Back