- Review score
- +0 /0 /-0
305 Reef ClubBuild Thread Contributor
- Display: 260 gallons
- Dimensions: 96”x24”x26”
- Tank Theme: Shallow, Stony Coral Reef
Equipment and Filtration Specs:
- Main Return Pump: Vectra M2 - DC Return Pump (2000 GPH) - Ecotech Marine
- UV Sterilizer: Aqua Ultraviolet 80 Watt Classic UV Sterilizer
- UV Pump: Vectra M2 - DC Return Pump (2000 GPH) - Ecotech Marine - Closed loop back into display.
- ATO: Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155 Auto Top Off | 20 gallon reservoir
- Controller: Neptune Apex, 2x EB832 energy bar, Temperature, Salinity, pH, ORP 24/7 monitoring
- Skimmer: Reef Octopus - Regal 250INT 10" Internal Protein Skimmer (VarioS)
- Wavemakers: 4x Jebao OW Wave Maker Flow Pump with Controller (5,283gph each)
- Heating: No heater.
- Lighting: 2x ATI 48" SunPower 8 x 54W Light Fixture.
- T5: 16 bulbs. 5 Blue Plus & 3 coral plus in each 8 bulb fixture
- Chemical filtration: Bulk Reef Supply -Premium ROX 0.8 Aquarium Carbon - run passively in 180 micron media bag. Bulk Reef High Capacity GFO run as needed.
- Mechanical Filtration: 5x Aquatic Experts Filter Socks 100 Micron - 4 Inch Ring by 10.5 Inch Long - changed twice per week
- Salt: Instant Ocean - Sea Salt Mix (Purple Bucket)
- Dosing Pump: 2x BRS 2 Part Doser - 1.1 mL per minute
- Additives: Part 1 (Alkalinity): Sodium hydroxide | Part 2 (Calcium): Calcium Chloride | Part 3 (Minor elements) Tropic Marin Balling Part C
Table of Contents:
- Pages 1-3: New tank building plan + aquascaping
- Page 4: Tank built! Minor bump because skimmer didn’t fit sump, UV difficult to maintain because of plumbing/tank design issue/miscommunication
- Page 5: Discussion of corals + white worm culture talk
- Page 6: More discussion about the plumbing/tank design issue + fixed the sump skimmer issue!
- Page 7-8: Invert & acro frag discussion
- Page 9: Resolving the final issue with UV + installed Apex & did cable management
- Page 10-12: Bristle worm in QT, Added kalkwasser to ATO, installed GFO reactor, quarantining chromis with uronema and tail rot.
- Page 13: I decided to add sand to the tank. Went with T5 5 blue plus & 3 coral plus instead of 50% of each.
- Page 14: Tank glass edges are not supported! I’m screwed!
- Page 15-16: Trying to cope with the setback. Aquarium Marketing officially “abandoned” me.
- Page 17: Getting back on my feet and emotionally recovering . Discussion about aiptasia (QT didn’t work) and chromis damsels (uronema). Cabinetry will be completed in 15 days from now!
- Page 18: Clams, clams, and more clams!
- Page 19: My messy project.