OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not a towel bed! That’s just under the tank (I can’t tell if you guys are joking or being serious).

Coincidentally, I drained the tank and removed that towel this morning because that towel kept absorbing water and NOT evaporating. I didn’t want the constant moisture to soften the wood stand or cause mold.

Dani305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! You aren’t too far from me! ;)
I was joking about the towelbed.

silly modern family GIF by HULU

Howdy neighbor! Any LFS recommendations? My go to is VIP Reef, they are really awesome and I think they have a nice selection of everything. Went to Top reef a few times, but got judged on my scape. lol Havent been back since. hahahha

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not a towel bed! That’s just under the tank (I can’t tell if you guys are joking or being serious).

Coincidentally, I drained the tank and removed that towel this morning because that towel kept absorbing water and NOT evaporating. I didn’t want the constant moisture to soften the wood stand or cause mold.
Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

It was clearly a joke :face-with-tears-of-joy: :face-with-tears-of-joy: :face-with-tears-of-joy:
This is fun.

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was joking about the towelbed.

silly modern family GIF by HULU

Howdy neighbor! Any LFS recommendations? My go to is VIP Reef, they are really awesome and I think they have a nice selection of everything. Went to Top reef a few times, but got judged on my scape. lol Havent been back since. hahahha
I really really like Strictly Fish.

Ocean View Aquariums will judge any aquascape you ever make, so don’t go there (ask how I know) (coincidentally, they make custom aquascapes :rolleyes: I personally think they’re uggo). I don’t go there anymore since last year.

I’m laughing at my “towel bed” comment. I sound so naive and innocent haha. I’m so clueless sometimes haha.

Dani305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really really like Strictly Fish.

Ocean View Aquariums will judge any aquascape you ever make, so don’t go there (ask how I know) (coincidentally, they make custom aquascapes :rolleyes: I personally think they’re uggo). I don’t go there anymore since last year.

I’m laughing at my “towel bed” comment. I sound so naive and innocent haha. I’m so clueless sometimes haha.
I will check them out, website looks nice!

The feeling of being judged about my scape hurt me a bit :crying-face::downcast-face-with-sweat::p:face-with-hand-over-mouth::rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:, especially when I thought it looked nice at the time. I took it to heart and changed it, and then I had some issues with my palys not wanting to open. Thats what I get for that! Note to self dont go to Ocean View.... or do go there, show them my scape and LIE to them telling them I have 20k instagramers who think different. lol

Towelbed is just funny, Im loling about it!

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I don’t. I got into an argument with the original tank manufacturer because they kept wanting to charge me for everything. It resulted in us parting our ways and not working together anymore.

As far as I’m concerned this issue isn’t really going to be an issue. I have just accepted that this is how it’s going to be. It won’t cause any problems for at least a few years, if it all.
Once the cabinetry is in you wont even remember there was anything going on at all.
I wish my wife would condone a tank upstairs!

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost one chromis in QT yesterday. It was breathing really heavily for the past 2 days. I skin scraped it and put it under the microscope and didn’t see any parasites.

Once it died I did another scrape + necropsy and scraped the organs and put them in the microscope. No parasites. No red sores.

I’m chalking it up to the chromis killing it. I’ve been seeing them more aggressive towards themselves lately.

I added the final 5 to the display tank just now.

I spoke to Humblefish and he told me he had much better luck quarantining chromis with a large butterfly or tang in the same tank. It makes the chromis stick together for “protection”. It makes sense and I know once in the display they will not fight each other because I have a lot of these large fish.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope the rest of the chromis fair better in their new home. I like the tip on qt with another fish to keep them civil. Makes sense.
+1 to this, shoaling is a defence mechanism and without a reason to shoal they will become more aggressive with eachother. I’ve also seen this with anthias when there’s a larger fish in the tank compared to when there is.

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 to this, shoaling is a defence mechanism and without a reason to shoal they will become more aggressive with eachother. I’ve also seen this with anthias when there’s a larger fish in the tank compared to when there is.
Despite finishing their antibiotics treatment, I noticed that 1 has developed tail rot and another has a ripped tail. (These are still alive)

CC2FAFF8-41BE-410C-A2F7-FA23B04CFDB0.jpeg

They definitely needed to go to the DT. It was my mistake for keeping them in QT for so long.

In the future I will only QT 1 or 2 chromis at a time if I don’t have a larger fish in the QT tank with them.

Back