Miami‘s Clam and SPS Tank

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@rmorris_14 , I don't remember complimenting you, but apparently I did it well :face-savoring-food:
High Five Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:
OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out my new corals! I didn’t but the maxima clams because I really need to focus on filling out the rocks already lol (waiting 6 weeks per batch of corals really makes you consider every purchase).

They are hammers, frogspawns, torch, acans, and Gonioporas - all of my favorite types of LPS. :)
CE93BEF7-EDB4-433C-B113-C7D4C1FC850F.jpeg

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today wasn’t a good day for me.

The manufacturers came with the plan of of bringing the tank as forward as the plumbing permits. I needed to remove all the livestock and water.

They came and checked out how much space. The tank is hanging off 1” from the back. The could only bring the tank .25” forward…that is not worth the struggle of removing all the livestock.

I told him the only solution was to redo the plumbing and the lift the tank off the stand and place it directly on the foam.

He wanted me to pay $100 just for them showing up. I got so upset. All he cares about is trying to squeeze every last penny from me. It’s not about the $100 dollars, it’s about how inconsiderate he is and how awful he was with me with his customer service.

I got so upset. I told him “how could you charge me for something you didn’t even do?”

He said if I don’t pay him he will put me on the bottom of his priority list. Which basically translates to “we will ignore your calls”.

I told him “I don’t need you guys anymore.” He was happy and excited. They left and never looked back.

I left their company a 1 star review and they responded to that review a few hours later. I’m pretty heartbroken right now.

It feels like my reef tank is “tarnished”. Like damaged goods. I have been down in the dumps today. Not really happy at all. I feel stuck.

I just wish I could go back to being naive and enjoying my tank. Now all I can see is a potential of everything falling apart in the future.

I just needed to rant.

Last edited:

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today wasn’t a good day for me.

The manufacturers came with the plan of of bringing the tank as forward as the plumbing permits. I needed to remove all the livestock and water.

They came and checked out how much space. The tank is hanging off 1” from the back. The could only bring the tank .25” forward…that is not worth the struggle of removing all the livestock.

I told him the only solution was to redo the plumbing and the lift the tank off the stand and place it directly on the foam.

He wanted me to pay $100 just for them showing up. I got so upset. All he cares about is trying to squeeze every last penny from me. It’s not about the $100 dollars, it’s about how inconsiderate he is and how awful he was with me with his customer service.

I got so upset. I told him “how could you charge me for something you didn’t even do?”

He said if I don’t pay him he will put me on the bottom of his priority list. Which basically translates to “we will ignore your calls”.

I told him “I don’t need you guys anymore.” He was happy and excited. They left and never looked back.

I left their company a 1 star review and they responded to that review a few hours later. I’m pretty heartbroken right now.

It feels like my reef tank is “tarnished”. Like damaged goods. I have been down in the dumps today. Not really happy at all. I feel stuck.

I just wish I could go back to being naive and enjoying my tank. Now all I can see is a potential of everything falling apart in the future.

I just needed to rant.
UGH!!!! I’m so sorry that’s how it went. :crying-face: :crying-face: :crying-face: Are there any other companies in the area that you could reach out to.. explain the situation and possibly help fix it for a reasonable fee? I’m hoping there are or maybe some other experienced reefers in your area that can reach out and help fix it.

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UGH!!!! I’m so sorry that’s how it went. :crying-face: :crying-face: :crying-face: Are there any other companies in the area that you could reach out to.. explain the situation and possibly help fix it for a reasonable fee? I’m hoping there are or maybe some other experienced reefers in your area that can reach out and help fix it.
Hi. Thank you for being kind and supporting me through here and pm about this stressful situation.

I’ve been feeling a little sluggish these past few days because of this situation. I really want to put all this behind me. My 20 year old previous tank was supported the same way and it did not fail from this.

If I find the opportunity to fix it, I will do so, but right now I need to enjoy my tank like I used to. I love reefing, and I don’t want a silly issue to ruin it for me.

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The derasa clam is really dumb (it’s on the sand below the maxima). It keeps getting knocked on its side no matter how deep I bury it in the sand.

I might put it in the middle of the tank because the flow is less “intense”.

But I need to shower before I do that because I touched the water of the coral QT and I can’t cross contaminate.

:face-with-tears-of-joy:

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The derasa clam is really dumb (it’s on the sand below the maxima). It keeps getting knocked on its side no matter how deep I bury it in the sand.

But I need to shower before I do that because I touched the water of the coral QT and I can’t cross contaminate.

Not to sound like a smart A, but I’m not sure how you can “bury it in the sand” with that dusting you have :face-blowing-a-kiss:

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You saved me from asking. Go clean up so we can see (wow, there in no good way for me to finish this sentence) the derasa.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 53 48.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%
Back