OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m jealous! The lamarki is one of the Genicanthus I would love to have. A reef with just Genicanthus angels and wrasses with a mix of other peaceful fish sounds like a dream to me. But for now I’ll be happy with my 8 wrasses, this guy and 6 gobies :)
BE1F6423-1EA9-4951-B876-8F79D8F74C2C.jpeg
So beautiful! I never knew you had this fish! Dang!

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank, do you have any pics of details on the electrical setup?
Are you referring to the cables plugged into my apex (the “rats nest” area)?
Or are you referring to my GFCI outlets and details about the breaker system? I’m a bit confused on what you mean by “electrical setup”. :)

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread and nice build, do you have any news on the tank mount issue?
I don’t. I got into an argument with the original tank manufacturer because they kept wanting to charge me for everything. It resulted in us parting our ways and not working together anymore.

As far as I’m concerned this issue isn’t really going to be an issue. I have just accepted that this is how it’s going to be. It won’t cause any problems for at least a few years, if it all.

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cranked up the flow and my maxima clam fell after an hour. I of course fixed it, but I just wanted to show you what a clam’s foot looks like (it’s the white sponge-looking thing).
353E9133-7119-44D9-874A-2C5830CB36E1.jpeg

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t. I got into an argument with the original tank manufacturer because they kept wanting to charge me for everything. It resulted in us parting our ways and not working together anymore.

As far as I’m concerned this issue isn’t really going to be an issue. I have just accepted that this is how it’s going to be. It won’t cause any problems for at least a few years, if it all.
Yes, I read that in previous pages, simply a terrible service, but well it's good to know that the problem was solved so I'm happy for you because this tank is doing very well.

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a gold maxima clam today. Looks about 3 inches. I’ve been eyeing it at the LFS for a few weeks and I got attached to this specific one despite being a good amounts of other blue maxima clams in the tank.

I never had a gold maxima (I actually believe it’s a Noae but they are so similar to maximas that they used to be classified as the same thing).

I will show a picture of him hopefully tomorrow because he’s sleeping now. Poor guy was receiving so little light at the LFS and certainly wouldn’t have made it long term. I wish I could have all those 10 maxima clams.

At this point I should just make my tank clam dominated since clams make me so happy.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a gold maxima clam today. Looks about 3 inches. I’ve been eyeing it at the LFS for a few weeks and I got attached to this specific one despite being a good amounts of other blue maxima clams in the tank.

I never had a gold maxima (I actually believe it’s a Noae but they are so similar to maximas that they used to be classified as the same thing).

I will show a picture of him hopefully tomorrow because he’s sleeping now. Poor guy was receiving so little light at the LFS and certainly wouldn’t have made it long term. I wish I could have all those 10 maxima clams.

At this point I should just make my tank clam dominated since clams make me so happy.
You really do need to get us photos! Sounds like a beautiful specimen, so you have any of the truly large species such as Gigas (Although maybe that’s too big) yet?

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hopefully tomorrow...
You guys know I’m consistent with my photos (look at the first page in this thread, I made a photo summary of the tank progression with dates included 2 days ago!!)

The reason I say “hopefully” is because I don’t know if the clam will be fully extended. But it seemed very good when I checked this morning. :D

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got so much done today. I made a to do list:

DE871354-13AD-4263-845C-A200E7E1128A.jpeg

It’s 12:17am right now. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I upgraded my 20 gallon ATO to a 29 gallon.
I lifted my RO/DI unit and mounted it higher.
Changed GFO media from reactor & carbon.
Installed 3 BRS 1.1mL/min dosing pumps (and I’m currently calibrating them).
Made new water to the coral QT.

I got a lot done and I’m so proud of myself. The area is a bit messy, but I was working and I will clean it up.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back