28G break down. Free clown, shrimp, maricultured live rock, sand.

Bret Brinkmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to move to Ann Arbor MI for a new job and need to break down my 29G tank quickly. The tank hasn't seen love for too long. But here is what I am giving away for free, but only to a good home. Willing to deliver if you show me your good home or you can come get them.

Disclaimer on the current state of my tank. As I mentioned it has gone with little to no love for a long time. Life has been happening hard and fast to me for over a year now. But the tank has been up and running for 6 years. It ran fallow for 90 days to eliminate any pathogens and the fish was in quarantine getting copper treatment during this time. The fish was observed for 3 weeks afterwards and no signs of pathogens where noticed. Was mainly used to care for seaslugs, hence the algae.

There is lots and lots of algae in this tank. Some bad some possibly desirable if you like planted tanks. Tangs and foxfaces will probably be in heaven. The list includes red coraline, purple coraline, pink coraline, green hair algae, bryopsis, bubble algae, red and green cyanobacteria, red gracilaria (dragon's tongue), halimeda, acetabularia, Caulurpa Mexicana, C. Sertularoides, C. Peltata, C. Prolifera, and C. Racemosa. If you want just a piece of any of the planted algae you are welcome to it but you need to pick it up.

There are lots of baby snails, mostly trochus but some ceriths too. Lots of baby limpets and some chitons too. A pair of pistol shrimp has slowly picked off nearly all the adults. Pretty sure they are the cause of a recent cleaner shrimp death a few days ago, otherwise I'd have 2 shrimp to give away instead of one. The snails are all over the rocks. The pistol shrimp are somewhere in the rocks. They go all over the bottom and they are uncatchable. They will probably come with one or more of the rocks on the bottom righthand side.

Snowflake clown.
I believe it is a female as she ended up growing larger than her companion, who didn't make it through quarantine and treatment due to stress I believe. The smaller one never was a good eater but this larger one takes flake and frozen food regularly. She'd love to have an anemone as she is currently hosting the overflow. Send me a picture of your compatable anemone and she is yours. Or if you are getting one, then she is yours. Comes with frozen reef frenzy, roe, and flake food.

Cleaner shrimp.
Molts about biweekly. Voracious appetite and excellent eater. Will eat bristle worms unless you are a heavy feeder. Show me pics of your livestock and so long as their are no predators it is yours. I did notice some dark spots on the shrimp. Not sure what they are. Tried to show them in the pic.

Maricultured Live Rock. 30 pounds worth. 8 rocks.
They come with some of the various algae mentioned above. They all have bubble, bryopsis, hair, coraline of some color, snails and limpets, bristle worms, tiny feather dusters, copipods, amphipods, and red flatworms. A wrasse would probably like the flatworms. One rock has a small spiney oyster and a small blue feather duster along with GSP growing on it. I have been feeding the dusters and oyster phytofeast and oyster feast for years and they seem healthy and are constantly growing. Show me a picture of your grazer or wrasse and take what ever rocks you want. The rock with the GSP, oyster, and blue feather duster comes with phytofeast and oysterfeast.

Live sand. About 30 pounds???
Rinse it or not, the nitrifying bacteria don't seem to care as long as the water isn't chlorinated. Always been a light feeder and the most livestock this tank ever saw was 3 fish and a few dozen snails at once. Heck I'd be happy to rinse it clean myself for ya if you prefer. There was always some green algae or light red cyanobacteria in the sand but this was food for my cerith snails who love to borrow in the sand in search for it. Any sand sifting critter is sure to love the sand as is.

Shrimp picture of spots and full tank video attached. Post here or PM me if interested. Otherwise it's all going to an lfs.
20211111_172039.jpg

20211111_172039.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back