29 Gallons of SPS

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I post this piece often, but I am just becoming more, and more impressed with it. It has some wild colors under blues but I prefer this more natural look.

It's corals like this that remind me to have patience with idle frags. I sat on this one for over a year as a brown frag with no growth other than some slow encrusting.

CB Golden JD
ED0792C4-020E-44D9-AEB9-B60BF21D779F.JPG
9B4CC8AF-A86E-4228-AAFA-9F4EB80AA319.JPG

Oh yea this one is touchy too. I didn’t keep the same strain as him but I had one that I got from a Bali mariculture box. It took a year to color up but once it was growing it had green golden base color with pink branch tips and yellow ends. The pink would run farther down the branches the happier and more light it got. This piece is really nice but the frags loose color when cut and if you cut a few off of the colony the colony will loose a bit of color or slow down new growth. I wish I didn’t loose the colony when I moved everything last time. Keep us updated on how it does!

OP
OP
29bonsaireef

29bonsaireef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yea this one is touchy too. I didn’t keep the same strain as him but I had one that I got from a Bali mariculture box. It took a year to color up but once it was growing it had green golden base color with pink branch tips and yellow ends. The pink would run farther down the branches the happier and more light it got. This piece is really nice but the frags loose color when cut and if you cut a few off of the colony the colony will loose a bit of color or slow down new growth. I wish I didn’t loose the colony when I moved everything last time. Keep us updated on how it does!
I can almost see a very light pink hue coming in on the branches. Do you remember how much light yours was getting? This is in the lower half of my tank, but still sitting in close to 400 par (t5 & reefbrites)

OP
OP
29bonsaireef

29bonsaireef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I trimmed back a colony of M. Spongodes a month ago, and some micro flakes must've blown across my tank as I took it out of the water. I saw about 5-6 of these tiny pieces taking off about 3ft away from the mother.
0Q4A6871.JPG

XxreefreakxX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where’s this tank at as of today? You said you had a 6 bulb ATI power module, assuming it’s a “24?? Do you have a picture of it over the tank at all? Sick look cube man!! Fantastic work!

PopDBE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

eVvoltura

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your user name is totally appropriate! Are you still in the SW game?

Back