29G Lighting help

COwCOw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank hit the 7 month mark a couple of days ago and my Aquaknight light has broken 2 times and I'm looking for a long term replacement for easy LPS corals for around 120-150$ does anyone have any suggestions, Its the Petco 29g. Thank you!
30.625 x 19 x 13.25

DocRose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank hit the 7 month mark a couple of days ago and my Aquaknight light has broken 2 times and I'm looking for a long term replacement for easy LPS corals for around 120-150$ does anyone have any suggestions, Its the Petco 29g. Thank you!
30.625 x 19 x 13.25
I have the same 29g tank. At that price you’re going to have to keep your eyes peeled for a used AI Prime HD. I warn you though you’re going to need two if you want full coverage of the tank. Right now I have one (picking up a second tomorrow) and have it positioned in the center and it doesn’t cover the whole +30” because they’re only designed to cover 24”x24”.

Little c big D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second the AI Prime. I have 2 over 24". Depending on what you're keeping. Softies and some live rock 1 would hold you over. At about 220$ new its slightly out of budget so used would be good! Eventually having 2 would be preferable though

OP
OP
COwCOw

COwCOw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same 29g tank. At that price you’re going to have to keep your eyes peeled for a used AI Prime HD. I warn you though you’re going to need two if you want full coverage of the tank. Right now I have one (picking up a second tomorrow) and have it positioned in the center and it doesn’t cover the whole +30” because they’re only designed to cover 24”x24”.
Alright thank you both! I'll try to look out for a used AI prime! But do I need 2 AI Primes to be able to grow coral or should 1 be fine temporarily for 3-5 weeks?

Little c big D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright thank you both! I'll try to look out for a used AI prime! But do I need 2 AI Primes to be able to grow coral or should 1 be fine temporarily for 3-5 weeks?
What coral are you trying to grow and do you have a shot of the tank? 1 Ai will work for now depending on type of coral and their placement

OP
OP
COwCOw

COwCOw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What coral are you trying to grow and do you have a shot of the tank? 1 Ai will work for now depending on type of coral and their placement
I cant currently get a pic of the tank right now and I'm trying to grow duncans and xenia/zoas.

Little c big D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy just posted two for sale WITH the mounting arms. Might want to jump on it! They go fast!!! Click here.
Good looking out. Op if you can afford to try to work a deal for like 300 for both.... that saves you 200 vs new. and you'll have both! just a thought. Let us know how you do

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back