OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you guys think this would work for his tank ?
How much is that?

——

I hope to make some extra cash by selling my photographs to this local art/photography store.

This might provide me with the extra funds I need to get the Hygger powerhead, along with all the test kits I need.

—-

This is still pending, but I just talked with the owner of the art store, and we have an appointment on Wednesday.

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s like 70$ but I was willing to send you my extra one since I don’t need it all you would have to do is pay for shipping but I wanna make sure it’s not just another useless pump for you

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s like 70$ but I was willing to send you my extra one since I don’t need it all you would have to do is pay for shipping but I wanna make sure it’s not just another useless pump for you
Thanks so much man!

From the reviews online, it looks pretty good.

BoneDoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came from an era where we had much less flow, and still, many found success. So flow is not the end-all-be-all... and there is a thing about having too much flow, especially in a “small” tank like a 30G.

BoneDoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mushrooms are hardy, so if you want to get one, it’s not a big deal in my experience. I don’t remember anyone ever complaining that they killed their mushroom (short of a total tank catastrophic event)

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mushrooms are hardy, so if you want to get one, it’s not a big deal in my experience. I don’t remember anyone ever complaining that they killed their mushroom (short of a total tank catastrophic event)
Definitely hardy, haven't killed one yet!

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes if you have some on a rock scrape it off in the tank
Sadly, I don’t have any on any of my rocks. :/

I guess I could call my LFS and see if they have any they could give/sell me.

——

Is your offer for the powerhead still available?

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly, I don’t have any on any of my rocks. :/

I guess I could call my LFS and see if they have any they could give/sell me.

——

Is your offer for the powerhead still available?
Yes of course if you want it , it’s yours

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much is that?

——

I hope to make some extra cash by selling my photographs to this local art/photography store.

This might provide me with the extra funds I need to get the Hygger powerhead, along with all the test kits I need.

—-

This is still pending, but I just talked with the owner of the art store, and we have an appointment on Wednesday.
I don’t know, maybe this art store is different, but most galleries/art shops/even coffee shops that sell art only take art on a consignment basis, especially from new/unknown artists/photographers. One of my good friends was a fairly well known artist (has two paintings in the permanent collection at MOMA), and even she had a hard time selling art (I say ‘had’ because she and her bf were murdered a few years ago).

My point in saying this isn’t to discourage you from trying to sell it, but just that it’s not an easy or reliable way to make money. I would definitely look into mowing lawns, shoveling snow in the winter, doing odd jobs, etc. I think you said you go to church, ask around there, shouldn’t be too tough to find some people that need help with their yards, or babysitting, or even family, event, or senior pictures if you want to get some experience with your photography.

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes of course if you want it , it’s yours
Thanks so much man! I’ll PM you for details.

I don’t know, maybe this art store is different, but most galleries/art shops/even coffee shops that sell art only take art on a consignment basis, especially from new/unknown artists/photographers. One of my good friends was a fairly well known artist (has two paintings in the permanent collection at MOMA), and even she had a hard time selling art (I say ‘had’ because she and her bf were murdered a few years ago).

My point in saying this isn’t to discourage you from trying to sell it, but just that it’s not an easy or reliable way to make money. I would definitely look into mowing lawns, shoveling snow in the winter, doing odd jobs, etc. I think you said you go to church, ask around there, shouldn’t be too tough to find some people that need help with their yards, or babysitting, or even family, event, or senior pictures if you want to get some experience with your photography.
This art store isn’t even close to being professional per say, it’s more of a local attraction.

Anyway, my sister had to problem selling her buttons there last year and the owner was rather excepting.

——

I do have a job, but I just wanted to make some quick, extra side cash. :)

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is an updated picture:
ACBD18F4-C4E2-4DDB-B02B-1C28C5FFEAF7.jpeg

I update my tank more on @fishguy242 ’s thread than I do my own build thread. ;Hilarious

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is an updated picture:
ACBD18F4-C4E2-4DDB-B02B-1C28C5FFEAF7.jpeg

I update my tank more on @fishguy242 ’s thread than I do my own build thread. ;Hilarious
Update here, hangout/spam over there. That way when you (or someone else) wants to go back through your build, it's all in one location!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back