0   0   0
bus bump GIF

Reefbuds

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
loving the looks of those bags man, makes me want to get a few things myself >.< as for the algae.. if its not growing much anymore you could try to get as much off as possible and see if it comes back. as for the sand... I try to just lightly rub my fingers across the surface and pick up the algae as best I can, CUC should take care of the rest. If you give it a good headstart it will help you CUC a lot. easier to keep clean than to get clean in my experience. how long you had this up again?

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
loving the looks of those bags man, makes me want to get a few things myself >.< as for the algae.. if its not growing much anymore you could try to get as much off as possible and see if it comes back. as for the sand... I try to just lightly rub my fingers across the surface and pick up the algae as best I can, CUC should take care of the rest. If you give it a good headstart it will help you CUC a lot. easier to keep clean than to get clean in my experience. how long you had this up again?
I have had it setup for about a month. :)

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some picture updates:
F4B1E69D-0690-44A6-872F-7C50CDEA41F6.jpeg

D624BAE3-E617-48F2-A52C-D430FA1E9709.jpeg

The shell is definitely to big for the poor hermit crab. It’s absolutely massive, considering the size him:
4E98B546-4B4D-424C-8777-BA1ED7D36BAA.jpeg

I’m not getting any more algae - everything you see there is old stuff. This means I’m exiting the ugly stage, and that I have my lighting down. :)

—-

The SSS is being way more social, but is still afraid of my hand. I see him out and about occasionally, but he is usually hiding in the rock work.

—-

Also, the clownfish tried to attack the corner of my iPad through the glass, as I was taking the photos... goofy little guys. ;Hilarious

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put it in the tank last night! Doing well so far... it is very close to splitting, which is exciting!
91096D23-19C5-475B-A5C3-645604799023.jpeg

Is this enough space between the zoa and the shroom?
49CA138B-2C82-44BE-9F16-E806D52D7E98.jpeg

(I will try to get pictures with the good camera tonight. :))

——

I really do want an extreme BTA, if you guys didn’t know. ;) :)

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lights are kind of trash, so that’s why I keep it on for 13 hours.

Why should I not get a BTA yet?
They say wait a few months after your tank stabilizes so there isn’t as many swings in water chemistry. I bought mine when I had my tank only set up for 2 months and now it’s fighting for its life to survive. And I do water changes every week so my parameters are stable everything else looks great but the anemone looks bad, and you say your lights are trash ? RBT need to be under good lighting and if your light doesn’t put out the correct spectrum or par for it you may just slowly watch it die

OP
OP
James_O

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They say wait a few months after your tank stabilizes so there isn’t as many swings in water chemistry. I bought mine when I had my tank only set up for 2 months and now it’s fighting for its life to survive. And I do water changes every week so my parameters are stable everything else looks great but the anemone looks bad, and you say your lights are trash ? RBT need to be under good lighting and if your light doesn’t put out the correct spectrum or par for it you may just slowly watch it die
Oof, ok.

My LFS has these nice lights for sale that look like this:
76E24D95-1B1B-48C5-9DAE-24A3DABC0CB8.jpeg

(It has the same shape, and it has fans on tops. I have no clue what brand it is though...)

I do want to upgrade my light, so when I do get the nems, they will flourish.

I think I’ll call and ask what the brand name is. They are $100 each.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back