29g Stocking Question

wiltonk44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, so I have a 29g FOWLR set up. I currently have 2 B&W Clownfish, a yellow watchmen and a pistol combo. I was looking to add a LITTLE more (definitely dont want to overstock). I was stuck between an orchid dottyback and a royal gramma as a definitive choice. I read that RG are more peaceful but I feel as though orchids have such an awesome color, but I read they can get territorial. There is a good amount of cave space in the tank. Was also looking for recommendations on a final fish, big or small, that would go with this combo? And also a small clean up crew? Thanks!

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I have no experience with the Dottybacks but Ive had a royal gramma and IMO it’s a great addition to most tanks. :)

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If your gonna do the dotty back I would recommend him to be your last fish. They do get very territorial. You could also add the RG and dottyback at the same time and be ok as they would try to find there cave at the same time. For a small clean up crew a couple trochus snails is never a wrong choice, those guys are cleaning machines!

Back