2ed hand live rock help

Rosedonna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sew a post on Band someone praking down tank and selling of all his rocks 90kg for £45 so i said i have it i sew photos of it lookd gd it has a larg lether on it rest was sold. I juat have fhis and a clener srhimp atm. And the guys said tbe rock will seed my tank. It finly came and its got 7 aptaja on and after diping i removed 10 babby brisul warms. Iv all so haveing a red slim out brak rocks been in syins munday but iv been in hospital so just got home to this.

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ummmm. Im not sure if this was a question or observation.

Having a hard time following this but it sounds like you might be trying to understand why you have red slime and aiptasia? Anytime you use rock or sand from another tank you're importing the good and bad with it. High phosphates could be a problem. Hitchhikers are a problem as well. Its a good practice to season new rock before adding to a tank but that might not have been an option in this case. Did you check your parameters for NO3 and phosphates?

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm concerned about you saying that you dipped the rock. I'm not aware of any safe dip that can be used on rock that wouldn't contaminate the tank. So I'm now curious what product you used.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sew a post on Band someone praking down tank and selling of all his rocks 90kg for £45 so i said i have it i sew photos of it lookd gd it has a larg lether on it rest was sold. I juat have fhis and a clener srhimp atm. And the guys said tbe rock will seed my tank. It finly came and its got 7 aptaja on and after diping i removed 10 babby brisul warms. Iv all so haveing a red slim out brak rocks been in syins munday but iv been in hospital so just got home to this.
Seems like English is a second language. Speak in your native tongue and we can translate.
Agree with above post wanting to know what kind of dip was used. You should also test and post your current parameters.

OP
OP
R

Rosedonna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys thanks for all the replies and im going to talking to my phone I'm dyslexic and my spelling is awful. Dip i use was just coral dip That I got from the pet shop I did water Pram check beforehand and it was fine. I then went into hospital for a couple of days and when I returned I noticed all the aptas and red Algae.

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aiptasia can spread quickly. If it’s on a single rock then remove it. F aiptasia works for some but I like taking a lighter to the individual ones or lightly torch the whole rock with a Brûlée torch and then out in a bucket of salt water. The specific dip you used would be helpful.

Don’t dip rock with coral dip. In the future place it in a bucket of salt water mixed to 1.04 and the critters will race out (not aiptasia though)

OP
OP
R

Rosedonna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing tks im going to make a qoriten tank naw and move the rock with ap on iv orderd some jose juce as its hath price atm

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really sucks when you get something you don't want in your tank. Aiptasia is one of the hardest to eliminate. Bristle worms are actually a good member of your CUC and red slime goes away if you have good water quality.

Best of luck to you!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.2%
Back