2FarNorth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2010fragbanner800.jpg

Northern Wisconsin Reef Society (NWRS)
along with co-hosts
Upper Peninsula of Michigan Marine Aquarium Society (UPMMAS)
Cordially invite you to the 2nd Annual
FRAG SWAP!
Saturday April 10th, 2010 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Quality Inn Hotel, Rhinelander, WI

• Large raffle including a Grand prize Vortech mp40w!
  • Door Prizes every half hour!
  • Silent Auction!
  • Thousands of Live Coral to Trade or Buy!
  • Dry goods to Buy or Trade!
  • Discount at Foster & Smith for the day!
  • And much much more!

Friday Night Setup Available for Traders/Vendors

Discount rooms at the Quality Inn available!

Visit Northern Wisconsin Reef Society (NWRS) to pre register, or for more information!

OP
OP
2FarNorth

2FarNorth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome Guys!

Friday night setup!

There is still discount rooms at the hotel, which is nice, setup and stay at the same place!

And you never know, there may be some pre-swap parties friday night!

ziggy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll be there to keep an eye on it for me, wont you? haha. We probably wont have our new set up yet, so maybe if we go for the Friday night set up...we'll get our big bulky tank set up by Saturday :p

OP
OP
2FarNorth

2FarNorth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Raffle Prizes are growing!!

Here's a teaser of the prizes....

Vortech MP40w
LED lighting by Ecoxotic
RO/DI system from BRS, along with a GFO, Carbon Reactor
ORp/PH controller from Aquatic life
Bulbs and lighting setups from Hamilton!!!
Current skimmer
Lots of Rods food

And more showing up daily!!

Going to be great!!

Hope to see you there!

ziggy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As of last week we are signed up for the swap and hotel. Is there a rough estimate of traders that will be selling so far?

OP
OP
2FarNorth

2FarNorth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are up to 11 so far. Still waiting on a couple to pre-register, but with more then a month away, we are looking good!!

We'll release a list soon!

customcolor

The coRal nuT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey jim......can me and ziggy be set up next to one another??? we both have a great time every time we are next to one another...plus it helps to know some one your set up next to :)

ontosrob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a problem, we can place you next each other (so long as you two don't cause trouble - then we may to separate you!) Just remind me, when we get closer to the event.

Rob

Last edited:

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
getting close now
anyone have anything really special to post for pre swap sale?
ziggy aren't you the one with the appleberry monti? you were sold out of them before i got one last time

i don't have much but i have a couple frags of these that i had to cut to make them fit where i wanted them:
war.jpg

chalice2010.jpg

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks bri it is really nice
it is really hard to keep the purple though - i've found i have to keep it shaded in the DT but in the frag tank (which has much less light) the color holds much better and you can see a splash of purple in each frag

OP
OP
2FarNorth

2FarNorth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update!

The prizes just keep adding up! Well over $6000 worth so far! Including these!

• Vortech mp40w
  • RO/DI system and GFO/Carbon reactor from BRS
  • Lighting from Hamilton
  • LED lighting from ecoxotic
  • Bulbs from UV lighting
  • Aquatic life PH/ORP monitor/controller
  • Skimmer from Current USA
  • Rod's Food
  • Zoomed lighting fixture

And More product from
  • DT's
  • Python
  • Omega One
  • Ecosystem
  • Coral Magazine
  • CaribSea
  • SF Bay Brand
  • Ocean Nutrition
  • Two little fishies
  • Red Sea
  • Joes' Juice
  • Koller Craft
  • Seachem
  • and the list goes on!!!

Every half hour there will be 2 Door prizes given away! Each door prize package is worth anywhere from $50 - $90!

Also, for the first 100 attendees, there will be FREE prize packages! worth anywhere from $20 - $30!

Don't forget you get extra prize tickets for registering early! There are 3 registration packages, FREE, $5, and $10 VIP package.

Also, if your thinking about selling, be sure to Register soon! Spots are filling up!!

Don't miss this swap! Visit NWReefSociety for more information!

ontosrob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a update:

Where: Quality Inn (Formally Holiday Inn), Rhinelander, WI.
When: Saturday, April 10th, 10:00am - 4:00pm cst. (Coral Trader setup, Friday, 4:00 - 8:00pm & Saturday, 8:00 - 10:00 am)

The event will be held at the Quality Inn. The hotel is located at 668 West Kemp Street, Rhinelander, WI 54501. It is the same location that F&S has held their Conference dinner/speakers. It is conveniently located right on US 8 as you enter Rhinelander from the west There are two other motels and two restaurants within walking distance from the Quality Inn.

We have also arranged for a limited number of rooms with special pricing (74.99) at the Quality Inn. The special price is for a limited number of rooms so make your reservations soon! The Quality Inn can be contacted at: 715-369-3600

WHY ATTEND?
The 2010 swap will be bigger and better than last year! Come & socialize with fellow reefers who share your passion for this unique and wonderful hobby.

Coral-
- The Coral Swap will have an amazing selection of coral, all at tremendous prices for you to purchase from our Traders—all coral experts, in their own right, always willing to answer questions and give you suggestions on how to take care of your coral purchases.

- The Silent Coral Auction Again this year, one of our major sponsors Foster & Smith’s LiveAquaria is donating coral from Diver’s Den for our silent auction. In addition our Coral traders and Club members will be donating beautiful coral! Last year’s auction resulted in unbelievable bargains for the winners!

- Divers Den Coral Drs. F&S LiveAquaria will be allowing attendees to preorder from their Divers Den and pickup your items the day of our event. You can save shipping charges on any item that is normally shipped from Drs Foster & Smith Aquaculture Coral & Marine Life Facility in Rhinelander Wisconsin. Now is your chance to purchase that Coral(s), Fish, Clam or Invertebrate, and the money you save on shipping, you can spend on Frags at the Swap. Instructions for ordering can be found here: LiveAquaria's Divers Den Link

Receive and Win Great Items -
- There 3 ways in which attendees and coral traders can receive or win great items! As of this week, we have received over $6,000 in donated prizes and giveaways! The Prize and giveaway packages items and value will change as we receive more donations, but you can get a good idea from the below.

1) There will be many free great giveaways to anyone who registers (pre-registration or at the door). Examples are; Drs. Foster & Smith T-Shirts, recent copies of Coral Magazine, AquaStik Epoxy Putty from Two Little Fishies or numerous other items. The value of the give-away packages will $20 to $30+ dollars. The giveaway items are of limited quantity and are on a "first come - first receive" basis. The best way to guaranty you will receive the best giveaway package is to pre-register as early as possible!

2) Door prize drawings will be held every half hour staring at 10:30am cst. Prizes will include items from; Omega one food, EcoSystems, Hamilton Technology, Python Products Inc., Aquarium Fish International, San Francisco Bay Brand, Ocean Nutrition, DT's Phytoplankton, Rod's Food, Red Sea, Zoo Med, Hamilton Lighting, EcoSystem, Seachem and numerous other items to be announced. Value of the Door Prizes will be from $50 to $150.

3) Grand prize drawing will be held at 3:00pm cst. The grand prize will be a Vortec MP40. In addition to the Vortec, the grand prize drawing will feature more great prizes from Current USA (skimmer), Aquatic Life (Controller ORP / Monitor Ph), UV Lighting (6pk. T5 48" bulbs), Ecoxotic (Panoramic LED unite) and a 75 GPD RO/DI 5 stage unit. Grand Prize Drawing items will range in value from $95 to $400+.

Again this year, the Drs. Foster & Smith Retail Store will be offering a 10% discount on all dry-goods purchased the day of our swap! If you don't see it in the store, take a catalog at one of the front counters. You can order any dry-goods out of the catalog that you want. When you are ready to check-out, show the friendly person at the front counter what you want from the catalog and they'll run back to the warehouse and get it for you!! It is like the World's largest pet store inventory to choice from. Hint: I usually shop the catalogs or the website and make a shopping list before I get to the store. It will save you a lot of time!
The map and discount coupon will be available at the swap registration table or can be found Here: Dr's F&S Store Info Link

Information and updates for the entire event can be found: HERE

Updates and a detailed list of prizes and giveaways can be found: HERE

To preregister as a trader or attendee, go to our homepage: HERE

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow rob - great job on the sponsorship prizes - where else can you get such great stuff just for showing up and have a chance to win even nicer stuff on top of that with the drawings
i know what my grand prize tickets are going for!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 33 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back