OP
2Sunny

2Sunny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how deep is the tank and how far are the halide bulbs from the water?...TIA

The tank is 48 x 48 x 24 and the halides are 11.5 inches off the water, but keep in mind that I have wto fixtures and they surround the corals with light of an intensity great than a single bulb shining down. The LEDs are 5.5 inches away and the VHOs are 6.5 inches away.

But . . .

Really guys, you're bringin' a tear to my eye with all the generous comments!

Thank-you!!

Joe

Last edited:

las

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank has a 300 gallon fuge! Makes me rethink my tiny little fuge section in my sump. So, u dont have any live sand at all in your system( besides the thin layer in your DT)?

seth&angelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of anemone is that? Absolutely love the huge sump by the way. Crazy cool system and yet so simple.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How often do you change your water and how much?

nanokeeper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i don't post much after looking at tanks online for 10+ years, but yours is incredible. It's refreshing to see a tank that has mature colonies instead of the frag heavy tanks that are so popular now.

Would you mind posting your maintenance regime? Oh yea, and please keep the pictures coming. Thanks!!!

OP
OP
2Sunny

2Sunny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i don't post much after looking at tanks online for 10+ years, but yours is incredible. It's refreshing to see a tank that has mature colonies instead of the frag heavy tanks that are so popular now.

Would you mind posting your maintenance regime? Oh yea, and please keep the pictures coming. Thanks!!!

I can think of no greater honor than a comment like that so to you and everyone else I say Thank-you again and again!

I really have been trying for that mature coral head look. That's the whole reason I started this tank even though I knew it would be a slow process I wanted a lot fewer corals with room to grow in like you see in nature and it took a long time to get there, but the results are well worth the wait. Here's a photo of my Oregon Tort in 2003 versus 2 years ago versus today:

OregonTort.jpg

SEPTEMBER 2003

BestTort.jpg

October 2007

TortTodayDec10.jpg

Today

BigH.jpg

Last edited:
Back