2x ICP test, 2x very high manganese

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

sasa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI FM team,

I could use some help with some very strange readings...

I restarted my tank due to a majano boom. Bleached the rock for 4 days, washed it several time with freshwater and restarted the tank. I did my first ICP at sept 28 with unmeasurable high manganese and high iron & chrome. I used a not so well known salt so I tought the salt mix was bad... Emptied the tank, filled it with fresh water, washed everything for 2 days then emptied again, refilled with RO water and now I used fauna marin professional sea salt. The oct. 25th ICP is 3 days after filling it up - still shows very high manganese and iron.

I checked every single pump - no rust, no damaged magnet, nothing... Tank is empty, only a skimmer jebao return pump and jebao flow pumps. All magnest clean and free of dmg. For rockwork I used Aquaforest stonefix cement, around a half a bottle.

Any idea what may have caused the high metal? Could it be the bleach (used the most simple one with no additives and washed the stones well - also did several 100% water change since that...)

Is there any recommended method to remove the manganese from the tank?

Attachments

• 004829N_2020_sept_28.pdf
    150.8 KB · Views: 149
  • 004830F okt 25.pdf
    150.1 KB · Views: 82

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never have any? I have to supplement mine? That’s odd? Did you try to send them an email and ask them? I’ve done that before and they do respond. I was overdosing iodine.

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI.
Sometimes is really hard to say what type of decoration and salts causes which type of high metals, But in case of manganese and iron it come mostly from the anticaking agent which wich is used in some salt brands. The detection if the manganese and iron in this ammount is salt based but this is not bioavailable and mostly after a few days the skimmer take it out

OP
OP
sasa

sasa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI.
Sometimes is really hard to say what type of decoration and salts causes which type of high metals, But in case of manganese and iron it come mostly from the anticaking agent which wich is used in some salt brands. The detection if the manganese and iron in this ammount is salt based but this is not bioavailable and mostly after a few days the skimmer take it out

That sounds promising - what is your recommendation when to " repeat " the ICP to confirm? In 2 weeks?

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you made a new tank then wait 4 week before regulary tests , at the beginning is really hard to get stabil levels

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back