3+ Candy cane pistol shrimp in a 13.5 Fluval?

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever tried adding 3 or more candy cane pistols in let's say a 10 gallon? I currently have one with my Yasha Goby. The yasha goby loses the pistol often. I really want to add a second but heard sexxing is impossible. I am wondering if I could let's say just add 2-3 more and have them all live in the tank successfully. I can't seem to find any information on this and if the pistols who were not a mated pair ended up hurting each other.

From the information I have gathered, a lot of these times the pistols and yashas live in very shallow tidal pools. It makes me wonder if the fish move around from different pistols in the wild. They form relationships so fast it could make sense. That is what also makes me wonder if 2 or 3+ pistols could live together in this tank that are NOT a mated pair.

Any experience story or opinion is encouraged.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not unless the pistol's are a bonded pair. I had 2 in a 29 (I thought one died so I got another) and they did not get along.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back