View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefer 250 with lots of rockwork/caves.
Current stock
1 young biota yellow Tang
1 recently widowed oscellaris clown
(1 replacement snowflake clown on order from Dr reef)
1 bangaii cardinal

To top off my planned current stocking I'm debating 3 pavo damsels or 5 seale looking for any input from someone with experience with ether. Both seem cool because they supposedly school. Damsels get a bad rep but everything I read is that pavo damsels are supposedly nice. Hard to do solid research names seemed to be confused / used interchangeably between the various small blue damsels

OP
OP
Grumblez

Grumblez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Biota_Marine any advice :). The Seale cardinalfish seem cool because I've read they school tightly, at the drawback of Cardinals being lazy inactive fish. The damsels look prettier and seem more utilitarian I just worry about them maybe scuffling with my clown. It's a reefer 250 so decent sized but not huge

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Biota_Marine any advice :). The Seale cardinalfish seem cool because I've read they school tightly, at the drawback of Cardinals being lazy inactive fish. The damsels look prettier and seem more utilitarian I just worry about them maybe scuffling with my clown. It's a reefer 250 so decent size
The Pavo damsels shouldn't bother your clownfish at all. They're peaceful as far as damselfish go, and you are adding them to an already established clownfish. Don't discount the Seale's cardinals, however. They actually get prettier as they age, turning a bright yellow color with pink stripes.

OP
OP
Grumblez

Grumblez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Pavo damsels shouldn't bother your clownfish at all. They're peaceful as far as damselfish go, and you are adding them to an already established clownfish. Don't discount the Seale's cardinals, however. They actually get prettier as they age, turning a bright yellow color with pink stripes.

Thanks Jake,
I went with the Seale Cardinals unfortunatly one came with pretty bad shipping stress and didn't make it, in the proces now off getting a replacement. The two do sometimes school pretty tightly and it looks pretty neat.
Plan on just maybe getting one Pavo-Damsel hopefully as a close to final fish whenever I'm settled on my stocking :)

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 60.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 66 27.4%
Back