3 separate orders-all dead fish-all from CA Facility

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Andrews_aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im now at an end with ordering from LA-CA facility. Ive always been a huge fan of them and have had some amazing orders from the company over the years but come to the conclusion that anything from the California facility is doomed.

Ive placed 3 separate orders over the course of the last 4 months with livestock coming from the CA facility. 2 of those orders have not been in stock even though it said it was online (I know this is a problem for a lot of people) So after finally getting the live stock after multiple phone calls and extended waiting periods I finally received the fish.On each occasion I receive fish (most of been wrasses-pink streaked-possum-sixline and one goby plus some inverts) each one has died within 2-4 days. No signs of sickness, but none of them eating and all of them just passing with no real evidence of something specific.

Ive had the complete opposite experience with everything from the Wisconsin Facility. Ive ordered mostly EXPERT ONLY fish from them and Divers Den fish and ALL of them have come in great shape and eating. I must have 6-7 orders with the Wisconsin over the past 18 months with zero losses.

So it seems fairly evident that something is going on at the CA facility. Maybe no quarantine? not too sure, I believe ive read this from other members of loosing animals shipped from there.

Ive only been able to retrieve one dead fish from all the losses and was awarded the credit but the point is that these are wild amazing animals that we are bringing in and they should be getting treated the best way possible to guarantee survival-Especially at the price points that LA uses!

Whats going on LA?

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@bigpun86 Thank you for choosing LiveAquaria. We are sorry to hear you have experienced losses on orders coming from our CA facility. We would like to forward your concerns to our Aquatic Life facility for an extensive review. Please PM us with your order number and email at your earliest convenience to provide the facility with the details of the specimens ordered. It is awesome to hear the arrivals coming from WI are doing great.

rgrimaldi123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not encouraging. I just ordered a Tomini Tang coming from CA facility. Good price but not if it dies.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 74 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back