30% Aftersale going on now!!! Use Code YEAR2022 on the AREEFCREATION.COM website to receive the discount

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jcdeng

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ED0AFB77-EE65-48D5-8458-013FCF90A42E.jpeg

7F844836-930E-421E-9957-331B835A0E2B.jpeg

7F87303B-919B-4043-9FC0-5F294A0800A3.jpeg

Mines, RRC AB, SKA Jackpot, JF Blowtorch

OneSockERock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did yours do? Unfortunately the cold weather got mine. I had a lot of loss. Out of 16, an Acan, blasto, ricordia, favia, and possibly some zoas made it. Bummer!

Oh no, sorry to hear that! I'm sure they'll make it right.

Even though it was marked out for delivery at 1pm my box ended up bouncing around on a truck in below freezing weather until finally being delivered at 4:45pm. Normally I don't do the hold at facility option since I live 10 min away and my overnight priority boxes generally get delivered before they open at 9am. Probably since this one was delayed it got loaded onto the normal truck and there were a lot of stops before me.

Despite all of that, they shipped surprisingly well. Nothing DOA, however they were all very angry after being in a box in the cold for 24+ hours. Most of the bag temps were still in the 62-65F range, had one in the bottom corner at 58F but overall amazing shipping job considering the entire journey was in below freezing weather.

I made the decision to not dip on arrival due to the extra travel stress and just temp acclimated then straight into the QT tank. I only have a setosa frag in QT right now so I was willing to risk it, plus I've never seen anything but pods, limpets, and asterina stars (all good hitch hikers) come out of my past ARC orders.

I did have a Mia's pot of gold favia melt completely except for the center mouth by friday night, but that last mouth is hanging on and might still pull through. Everything else survived including that $5 Miyagi tort (which is a ~2in frag btw :D)

Great job ARC!

LeeLoo Lola

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no, sorry to hear that! I'm sure they'll make it right.

Even though it was marked out for delivery at 1pm my box ended up bouncing around on a truck in below freezing weather until finally being delivered at 4:45pm. Normally I don't do the hold at facility option since I live 10 min away and my overnight priority boxes generally get delivered before they open at 9am. Probably since this one was delayed it got loaded onto the normal truck and there were a lot of stops before me.

Despite all of that, they shipped surprisingly well. Nothing DOA, however they were all very angry after being in a box in the cold for 24+ hours. Most of the bag temps were still in the 62-65F range, had one in the bottom corner at 58F but overall amazing shipping job considering the entire journey was in below freezing weather.

I made the decision to not dip on arrival due to the extra travel stress and just temp acclimated then straight into the QT tank. I only have a setosa frag in QT right now so I was willing to risk it, plus I've never seen anything but pods, limpets, and asterina stars (all good hitch hikers) come out of my past ARC orders.

I did have a Mia's pot of gold favia melt completely except for the center mouth by friday night, but that last mouth is hanging on and might still pull through. Everything else survived including that $5 Miyagi tort (which is a ~2in frag btw :D)

Great job ARC!
So glad to hear that you had a good outcome! It’s amazing how a few of mine that did pull through look so happy. I could only imagine how beautiful that frag rack would have been.

Fatmike92

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been a long road getting these here!

huge shout out to @A Reef Creation for being patient and dealing with all the weather delays like champs.

I can only imagine the stress and frustration everytime there was a weather delay or fedex delay

got everything floating and working on getting them acclimated

EE937EE0-66B2-4FAE-86FB-EE66BDB95652.jpeg

1D079699-39FB-4208-9138-FDA7E4CDA75F.jpeg

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 117 58.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 61 30.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 73 36.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.0%
Back