30 Day old Apex stopped working.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

LPS_Lover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased my apex with two power heads, the power bar, the fmk, 1 inch follow metter, and the ATO kit. From the being my PH probe would not calibrate on the 10.00 solution. I had everything working excpet the ph probe until I engaged with tech support and they told me to rebot the device. I rebooted and that when my problems started. Nothing works and I get a red exclamation point on the engery bar. This has been going on since Monday. After spending ~1600.00 on equipmnt for one month of service. My 2 options are spend another 300$ for a deposit for Neptune to ship me a new apex or send via ups ground from the east coast back to California and wait for them to fix it and ship it back. I wish I could return all ~1600.00$ and get a full refund or be able to take it to the local shop where I bought it and get a new one and them deal with the RMA. Has any one else had this problem? I worry about the quality of the equipment only lasting 1 month. Can you return apex gear?

Last edited:

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to say this but i say it all the time...

With tank controllers you really need to have two of the main brains on hand at ALL times.

Learned that in the "great lightning strike of 2014" and refuse to run without a back up since then.

When i get my 2016 i am keeping both my classics.....ill then have two back ups...albiet without the ability to run an EM832 but enough to run my three EB8s...enough to get by while mailing parts back for repair.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was this the new apex?

And it’s real easy to spend someone else’s money u should def drop another grand on another apex while ur at it buy an extra one for me please

Because u can’t buy an extra brain for a new apex what do u recomend newb? Esp since his apex has never worked since it was bought a month ago he should have bought two from the get go to stop this problem from happening? He obviously like most of us thinks when we spend the money we do on a product it should at least work better yet if he did have another grand i bet he wouldn’t be complaining about a 300 dollar deposit

The new apex model for the trident to is classic users is ur eventually going to need new probes anyway so I’m sure they would agree with u. But my new idea is we should have three or four extras just Incase what’s 5000 dollars in the grand scheme of things to not be worried that a company should do the right thing on a month old controller

I just don’t get people sometimes

Ur questions if ur close with the lfs u might be able to borrow one off of them no u can’t return apex gear cause Neptune says it’s the best if it were me. I would send it back to Neptune demand a new apex and when u get it back sell it and get a ghl

I’m sorry ur one of the ones this happened to and i wish u luck raise the biggest stink in the world because there are some good Neptune people on this form who can hopefully help u out keep us posted

OP
OP
L

LPS_Lover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news...Shortly after this post I got a call back form Jon at Neptune. He said that one of the engineers saw the issue and had an idea on how to fix the issue. Of all the things tired and diagnostic executed no one on the two tech call thought about this issue. Of all things it was the internal clock on the system itself had rest to Dec of 2008. Jon fixed the clock and the red exclamation point went away and my apex and engery bar is back up and running. The best part is no shipping back and my equipmnt is working again. Base on the last week, I will say that overall the technical support was helpful and knowledgeable. Jon was quick to responsed and very helpful and along with the engineer got me back up and running. A special thanks to Tom the region rep and Brad at The Fish Tank in Daytona Beach those two went out of there way to help me and I'm very thankful for that.

The hardware is solid and designs is great the area I feel that could improve is the programnig of the device to ensure this does not happen to others. Overall very happy and the team at Neptune are awesome and the team at The Fish Tank are awesome as well. Now to look forward to the release of the Trident. Thanks all.

Last edited:

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was this the new apex?

And it’s real easy to spend someone else’s money u should def drop another grand on another apex while ur at it buy an extra one for me please

Because u can’t buy an extra brain for a new apex what do u recomend newb? Esp since his apex has never worked since it was bought a month ago he should have bought two from the get go to stop this problem from happening? He obviously like most of us thinks when we spend the money we do on a product it should at least work better yet if he did have another grand i bet he wouldn’t be complaining about a 300 dollar deposit

The new apex model for the trident to is classic users is ur eventually going to need new probes anyway so I’m sure they would agree with u. But my new idea is we should have three or four extras just Incase what’s 5000 dollars in the grand scheme of things to not be worried that a company should do the right thing on a month old controller

Ur questions if ur close with the lfs u might be able to borrow one off of them no u can’t return apex gear cause Neptune says it’s the best if it were me. I would send it back to Neptune demand a new apex and when u get it back sell it and get a ghl

I’m sorry ur one of the ones this happened to and i wish u luck raise the biggest stink in the world because there are some good Neptune people on this form who can hopefully help u out keep us posted
I have always maintained an extra brain is necessary since ligntening hit mine.

You used to be able to buy just the brain for a little over $200 and ive actually been riding Neptunes case about this very issue.

You really can not afford to have your controller down.

Way way more than $300 worth of live stock...which is about what i think a back up 2016 brain should cost.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always maintained an extra brain is necessary since ligntening hit mine.

You used to be able to buy just the brain for a little over $200 and ive actually been riding Neptunes case about this very issue.

You really can not afford to have your controller down.

Way way more than $300 worth of live stock...which is about what i think a back up 2016 brain should cost.
And I get that but it doesn’t it cost 900 u can’t use the old apex brain if u have a new apex so it’s 900 dollars for people who upgraded to it but a second eb32 never hurt anyone and ur going to eventually need probes so it’s a good deal.

And congrats on getting it fixed man there are some people at Neptune who are just plain amazing to work with I’m pretty sure John is the one who helped me out with my solenoid when he didn’t have to. It’s a shame all of Neptune isn’t like that.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was this the new apex?

Proofread your posts and spell out words completely!

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Proofread your posts and spell out words completely!
It was tough with the iPhone update and the spell check thing that turned I into greater than symbols and equal signs so I did what I could with what I had luckily that has been fixed

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back