OP
OP
W

Weyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or you could just attach a picture and leave pride at the door. If you want help, then show us the tank. There could be more going on that we need to see.
there a lot of cyano on the sand, rock, and glass
I'm sure its cyano and only cyano
but I will send a picture when the light came on

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thats overkill. FIRST , , , test phosphate and nitrate levels to assure theyre not Elevated.
Lights: You can reduce white light intensity OR turn off for 5-7 days. Add 1ml of Liquid bacteria such as Bacter 7 per 10 gallons during the day.
At night, dose 1 -1.5ml per 10 gallons of hydrogen Peroxide (yes safe for fish/coral). Clean filters daily and do not add NoPox or coral foods to tank for that full week. Siphon tank before dosing bacteria/Peroxide

After youre done- Add 3 snails each: Nassarius, cerith, nerite, astrea and trochus Plus 6-8 blue leg hermits.

OP
OP
W

Weyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only like photos because it makes us feel better about our tanks. Just kidding we’ve all been there heckI’m there right now.
now i can beat the cyano i have almost no corals or sensitive fish

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there a lot of cyano on the sand, rock, and glass
I'm sure its cyano and only cyano
but I will send a picture when the light came on
What was your last known nutrient levels?

Did you rinse your sandbed before putting in tank?
Could be time for a good cleaning.

EM or chemiclean works great for cyano with no adverse reactions ive noticed if you dont want to get to the root of the issue and rip clean your system.

OP
OP
W

Weyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats overkill. FIRST , , , test phosphate and nitrate levels to assure theyre not Elevated.
Lights: You can reduce white light intensity OR turn off for 5-7 days. Add 1ml of Liquid bacteria such as Bacter 7 per 10 gallons during the day.
At night, dose 1 -1.5ml per 10 gallons of hydrogen Peroxide (yes safe for fish/coral). Clean filters daily and do not add NoPox or coral foods to tank for that full week. Siphon tank before dosing bacteria/Peroxide

After youre done- Add 3 snails each: Nassarius, cerith, nerite, astrea and trochus Plus 6-8 blue leg hermits.
Why overkill when i have no corals and 2 fish?
it's my chance

OP
OP
W

Weyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

EM or chemiclean works great for cyano with no adverse reactions ive noticed if you dont want to get to the root of the issue and rip clean your system.

i don't rinse my sand bed

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most effective way is chemiclean I found, or use UV sterilizer and turkey baster. Then, you should try waiting a week on your water change (depending on how often you do it, if you do it every week then waiting a week should be fine). The extra bacteria build up in the sandbed helps defeat it. Thats how i got rid of it, best of luck

OP
OP
W

Weyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have only 2 fish ( clownfish+blenny bicolor) and 2 corals ( Xenia sp, Zoanthus sp)
can you follow my idea?

William Mumford

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have only 2 fish ( clownfish+blenny bicolor) and 2 corals ( Xenia sp, Zoanthus sp)
can you follow my idea?

I dont think thats enough flow for the tank I would bet that with increased flow you would get rid of a lot of the problem. Also do you do water changes?

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wonder if it's gonna help?
The plan is 30 days of a blackout, low feeding the fish+and cyano clean by Korallenzucht.
the asking that been up to is how do I feed my fish when there is no light?
Please share any advice, tips, thought about my idea... anything will be ok...
If you want to try to starve a photosynthetic pest of light, the system won’t need to be totally dark, especially since you are thinking of going 30 days. If the aquarium is in a room that is not totally dark, there might be enough light to feed the fish.

Back