30 gallon frag tank lighting.

Discussion in 'ATI Aquaristik' started by Brandonsegula, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Brandonsegula

Brandonsegula Well-Known Member

Right now I have a 75 gallon as my DT tank. I have an ati fixture with 6 bulbs. Blue plus, purple plus, blue plus, Blue plus, actinic, Blue plus.

I’m setting up a 30 gallon frag tank with he aquatic life hybrid light fixture. I’m gonna use the AI hydra 26 for the led. What combo of t5s should I use do you think. The light fixture has 4 spots for t5s. I was thinking 3x Blue plus and 1x purple plus????

Tags:

2. Finhead

Finhead Active Member

I have pretty much the same setup with 2 Hydra 26's, I run 2 Blue+ 1 Purple+ and 1 Super Actinic

Brandonsegula likes this.
  3. Brandonsegula

Brandonsegula Well-Known Member

What are you running your hydras at? I’m trying to figure out what setting I should have them on.

4. Finhead

Finhead Active Member

I run 2 non HD 26's for 12hrs a day with 4 hour ramp up and down and 4 hr peak. 100% B,DB,V 40% UV 22% white, 60% red 20% green with a peak intensity of 65%. Fixture is 8" of the WL now. I run the T5's for 6 hrs a day overlaping the peak LED time.

5. ATI North America

ATI North America Valuable Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor Partner Member 2019

Color preferences are really in the eye of the beholder. There is no right answer to this, its really a matter of what kind of color in the tank you want to look at. Its a bit like asking "what color car should I buy? Everyone will have a preference, but it doesn't make it right for you.

Brandonsegula likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted