30 gallon frag tank lighting.

Discussion in 'ATI Aquaristik' started by Brandonsegula, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Brandonsegula

Brandonsegula Well-Known Member

Right now I have a 75 gallon as my DT tank. I have an ati fixture with 6 bulbs. Blue plus, purple plus, blue plus, Blue plus, actinic, Blue plus.

I’m setting up a 30 gallon frag tank with he aquatic life hybrid light fixture. I’m gonna use the AI hydra 26 for the led. What combo of t5s should I use do you think. The light fixture has 4 spots for t5s. I was thinking 3x Blue plus and 1x purple plus????

Tags:

2. Finhead

Finhead Active Member

I have pretty much the same setup with 2 Hydra 26's, I run 2 Blue+ 1 Purple+ and 1 Super Actinic

Brandonsegula likes this.
  3. Brandonsegula

Brandonsegula Well-Known Member

What are you running your hydras at? I’m trying to figure out what setting I should have them on.

4. Finhead

Finhead Active Member

I run 2 non HD 26's for 12hrs a day with 4 hour ramp up and down and 4 hr peak. 100% B,DB,V 40% UV 22% white, 60% red 20% green with a peak intensity of 65%. Fixture is 8" of the WL now. I run the T5's for 6 hrs a day overlaping the peak LED time.

5. ATI North America

ATI North America Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

Color preferences are really in the eye of the beholder. There is no right answer to this, its really a matter of what kind of color in the tank you want to look at. Its a bit like asking "what color car should I buy? Everyone will have a preference, but it doesn't make it right for you.

Brandonsegula likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted