30 gallon next fish?

Red2143

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently have a FOWLR tank with clown fish, pajama cardinal, fire fish and royal gramma

What would you recommend as the next fish? Trying to be intentional since there is only so much space.

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Currently have a FOWLR tank with clown fish, pajama cardinal, fire fish and royal gramma

What would you recommend as the next fish? Trying to be intentional since there is only so much space.
Not sure what you are looking for, but I would add a couple more fire fish or cardinals as they are cool in schools.

A lawnmower or starry blenny would be good for GHA control and they have a cool personality. Our starry is a little aggressive, but the lawnmower isn’t.

A fairy wrasse would add a splash of color, and they stay out most of the time.

OP
OP
R

Red2143

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what you are looking for, but I would add a couple more fire fish or cardinals as they are cool in schools.

A lawnmower or starry blenny would be good for GHA control and they have a cool personality. Our starry is a little aggressive, but the lawnmower isn’t.

A fairy wrasse would add a splash of color, and they stay out most of the time.
Thank you. I'm looking for something interesting to look at that doesn't spend a good portion of the day hiding

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I'm looking for something interesting to look at that doesn't spend a good portion of the day hiding

You want a neon blue goby - they don't hide. like to perch, very curious. Middle of water column usually, but goes all over. Sleeps in rock holes. Also on the cheap side, so why everyone doesn't think of them I don't know. They've been around for AGES.

Super peaceful, probably because they are considered a cleaner fish, most will clean at least a bit (better than skunk cleaner shrimp, for comparison), some might not, but all are cute. Only get 1 because no way to know sex and 2 of same sex is BAD.

There are other gobies but hands down for what you describe above, hunt down a neon blue goby.

OP
OP
R

Red2143

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've kept the lights off so far and don't have a lot of algae. What would it eat?

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
blennies are usually pretty active, lots of colors to choose from. But they can be mischevious, and might harass the firefish.

Damsels are also active swimmers, azure or springeri damsels are usually peaceful.

OP
OP
R

Red2143

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
blennies are usually pretty active, lots of colors to choose from. But they can be mischevious, and might harass the firefish.

Damsels are also active swimmers, azure or springeri damsels are usually peaceful.
Thanks. A peaceful damsel could be interesting. What about a staghorn damsel?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back