OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

Hard work beats talent every time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7 hats total, 2 on the side you can’t see!! This has to be a record lol!
ED9A04E5-F4DE-44BE-8F6E-CCACE9B5D316.jpeg

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok, everyone, I am very excited now. My stand is being delivered tomorrow and so is the new tank I purchased while on vacation last Saturday. So get this. I asked my wife did she mind if we killed a couple of hours before check-in at the hotel and she said why not. So I opted for lunch and then Aquarium Adventure. lo and behold when we get there they had a massive sale. One item that caught both of our eyes were the tanks. They had a 210-gallon tank reduced from 999.00 to 769.00 The wife look at me and says this looks bigger than your tank, like a child I gasped and said it is it is. She must have forgotten about the 180 in the basement but hey I kept my mouth closed as she said what seemed like slow motion, would you like this tank? I said yes please yes, please. There you have it. Instead of a 180, my 210 will be delivered tomorrow also. Did I forget to mention I used my tax-exempt form so I got charged no tax :) So now I am going to put this brand new 180 on Craigslist lol. I don't want it anymore. Don't need it. It will still take a while for me to get everything up and running because the rock is still curing. So be on the lookout for the Deezill Reef 210 build Coming soon to a thread near you :) Thanks for reading.

OP
OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, everyone, I am very excited now. My stand is being delivered tomorrow and so is the new tank I purchased while on vacation last Saturday. So get this. I asked my wife did she mind if we killed a couple of hours before check-in at the hotel and she said why not. So I opted for lunch and then Aquarium Adventure. lo and behold when we get there they had a massive sale. One item that caught both of our eyes were the tanks. They had a 210-gallon tank reduced from 999.00 to 769.00 The wife look at me and says this looks bigger than your tank, like a child I gasped and said it is it is. She must have forgotten about the 180 in the basement but hey I kept my mouth closed as she said what seemed like slow motion, would you like this tank? I said yes please yes, please. There you have it. Instead of a 180, my 210 will be delivered tomorrow also. Did I forget to mention I used my tax-exempt form so I got charged no tax :) So now I am going to put this brand new 180 on Craigslist lol. I don't want it anymore. Don't need it. It will still take a while for me to get everything up and running because the rock is still curing. So be on the lookout for the Deezill Reef 210 build Coming soon to a thread near you :) Thanks for reading.
Hahaha that’s awesome!!!! Just set them both up and plumb them together!!!!!

OP
OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I’m really thinking!!! You HAVE to set both up lol that would be awesome make one a basement tank and one in the living room.. you got this

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do the right thing @Deezill make is proud lolll
The custom sump I was making for the 210 was a 60x20x20 That should have given the 210 roughly 100 gallons of total water and maybe 70 gallons of operation water. If I plumb both the 180 and 210 together I think I might need a bigger sump what do you guys think?

OP
OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The custom sump I was making for the 210 was a 60x20x20 That should have given the 210 roughly 100 gallons of total water and maybe 70 gallons of operation water. If I plumb both the 180 and 210 together I think I might need a bigger sump what do you guys think?
I’ll tell you if that sump is going under ur tank it’s too tall. It will be a nightmare to work in. Make it 16 inches tall. Unless of course you have an extremely high stand and have plenty of room under it.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll tell you if that sump is going under ur tank it’s too tall. It will be a nightmare to work in. Make it 16 inches tall. Unless of course you have an extremely high stand and have plenty of room under it.

Couldn't agree more with this comment. I started with a converted standard 55 as a sump and it was a nightmare, and it wasn't because it was so narrow, it was because it was so tall.

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My stand is 73x25x40 however I can definitely reduce the height of the sump to 16. I was wondering was it too tall.

OP
OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My stand is 73x25x40 however I can definitely reduce the height of the sump to 16. I was wondering was it too tall.
like @dbl I originally had a 20" tall sump under my 43" high stand and it was a nightmare, and nearly impossible to reach the back. I got lucky and got it changed to a 16" tall sump which I use now and it's a breeze.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back