OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

Hard work beats talent every time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the update. I was going to hassle you because it had been a couple weeks but you updated before I had the chance. Therefore, I'll just say that you still suck! ;Hilarious
When are the movers coming to move you down to fla?

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You want the tank to be sitting directly on the stand IMO. So you don't want the stand to stick out too much past the tank for example if a 2x4 is 1 1/2" thick i wouldn't bring the tank in past the middle of the 2x4 so roughly 3/4". For your tank I would make the stand no bigger than Length = 74" x Width = 26" if your actual tank dimensions are 72 - 7/16" x 24 - 7/16" The corners of the stand are crucial especially for a larger system. If we were talking about a 40g breeder then it wouldn't matter as much, but a tank of that size should be fully supported. Hope this help. If its still confusing I can draw a pic to better explain.
Tha i will make 74x26.

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@AiKkz I forgot to ask how high is your stand? I have been battling with this one. 46 inches seems somewhat high to me.
I have a 150 Xhigh currently and I hate having to get on a latter to get to three quarters down into the tank. getting to the bottom is a problem to be quite honest and I am 5'11'. I think I want to make it 6ft high excluding the canopy. Which if it's done correctly I won't need a canopy because it would be inside a wall.

OP
OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok gotcha. Then that I will do.
that's going to be a nice set up, if possible cure ur rock for 3 months before you're ready to put in tank. I wish I cured mine longer and I wouldn't be dealing with the "uglies" right now

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
that's going to be a nice set up, if possible cure ur rock for 3 months before you're ready to put in tank. I wish I cured mine longer and I wouldn't be dealing with the "uglies" right now
I am definitely going to cure my rock for a while. I also have some 2-year-old rock from the 150 I am going to use.
the only thing is I want to purchase shelf rock so I won't be using all 160 pounds of rock from my 150 though its 2yrs old.
majority of it will be going into the sump anyways while the new rock will go into the tank. I am hoping with curing, and 2yr old live rock, I can skip or have a brief ugly period.

Bhor217

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow talk about several dream tanks! I am so excited to see how the predator tank looks by the bar you are building, combining two of my favorite pasttimes!

You are WAAAAY better at putting things together, but dang does that large predator tank idea make me pine for my dream tank. In my head, I would love to make some sort of circular tank that houses sharks and rays, and the top of the tank is turned into a table of some sort, or even better, a bar!

Would make me feel like a James Bond villain haha

OP
OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow talk about several dream tanks! I am so excited to see how the predator tank looks by the bar you are building, combining two of my favorite pasttimes!

You are WAAAAY better at putting things together, but dang does that large predator tank idea make me pine for my dream tank. In my head, I would love to make some sort of circular tank that houses sharks and rays, and the top of the tank is turned into a table of some sort, or even better, a bar!

Would make me feel like a James Bond villain haha
Hahaha righttt, nothing better then a awesome shark/ ray tank. Unfortunately the area I’m working with won’t allow a circular tank.. I’m going to mess around with a cad program and see if I can’t design something to post on here... the table top idea is awesome!!!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When are the movers coming to move you down to fla?

It's a very long story and one that, if I shared it, you would think I was making it up. Suffice to say, the move cannot happen soon enough for me.

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's a very long story and one that, if I shared it, you would think I was making it up. Suffice to say, the move cannot happen soon enough for me.
Maybe one day you will share. I moved to Florida for 5 years to help take care of my Mother in law.
I liked Florida but was very happy to move back home to Chicago. I lived there for 5 years. Now I want to move back because some great tank makers are down there lol. WWC is also down there lol.

OP
OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe one day you will share. I moved to Florida for 5 years to help take care of my Mother in law.
I liked Florida but was very happy to move back home to Chicago. I lived there for 5 years. Now I want to move back because some great tank makers are down there lol. WWC is also down there lol.
That and we never have to deal with snow!!!!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Very nice planning for the build.
What is crazy is I just got done a few weeks ago with my build and everything such as plumbing, sump size, tank etc is very similar to mine. I totally loved it and would do it again.
Hope it goes as smooth for you as it did for me.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back