OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

Hard work beats talent every time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cant wait to see those corals in your tank, i also got about 12 corals that will be here wednesday of next week
Awesome!! I’m going to pm you about ur cal reactor...
Very nice planning for the build.
What is crazy is I just got done a few weeks ago with my build and everything such as plumbing, sump size, tank etc is very similar to mine. I totally loved it and would do it again.
Hope it goes as smooth for you as it did for me.
That’s awesome, I’ll deff go check out your thread tonight!!! Maybe steal some ideas ;)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe one day you will share. I moved to Florida for 5 years to help take care of my Mother in law.
I liked Florida but was very happy to move back home to Chicago. I lived there for 5 years. Now I want to move back because some great tank makers are down there lol. WWC is also down there lol.

Born and raised in Chicago. Tired of the winters. Tired of the taxes. Tired of the politics. Tired of the criminal factor. Tired of just about everything in Chicago and Illinois. I believe that, without some changes, Chicago will be going the same route as Detroit.

Like you, I lived in Florida too. Sarasota to be more precise. Loved it but had to move back. Any warm weather area would be great with a preference toward Florida.

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Born and raised in Chicago. Tired of the winters. Tired of the taxes. Tired of the politics. Tired of the criminal factor. Tired of just about everything in Chicago and Illinois. I believe that, without some changes, Chicago will be going the same route as Detroit.

Like you, I lived in Florida too. Sarasota to be more precise. Loved it but had to move back. Any warm weather area would be great with a preference toward Florida.
Yeah, I get it. Crime, OMG the taxes, crooked politicians. Well, you do have valid reasons. I understand each and every one of your concerns.

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok gotcha. Then that I will do.
@AiKkz I put the order in for my stand. The dimensions are:
Length = 73 Inches
Width = 25 inches
Hight = 40 Inches
I will start a thread when the stand is delivered and also start documenting the journey. I will more than likely start curing rock this weekend. I probably won't fully have the tank up and running until about November or December. I purchased the 180 back in March but I am having to save for equipment and purchase it slowly as my rock cures for 3 months.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

You summed it up and just read 2 days ago in Milwaukee journal, thousands are fleeing to WI for this very reason including also HIGH Gas prices. 38 cents difference and the crime !!!
Ironically , if youre not aware, I am Florida bound to Doral, FL and mainly, , , sick of these recent brutal winters. Will be there Late Fall 2021

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You summed it up and just read 2 days ago in Milwaukee journal, thousands are fleeing to WI for this very reason including also HIGH Gas prices. 38 cents difference and the crime !!!
Ironically , if youre not aware, I am Florida bound to Doral, FL and mainly, , , sick of these recent brutal winters. Will be there Late Fall 2021

Yep, I was aware of your planned move to Florida which is why it surprised me a little that you set up the 660.

Any tips on convincing the wife?

Vacation in Sarasota during the winter!

OP
OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AiKkz I put the order in for my stand. The dimensions are:
Length = 73 Inches
Width = 25 inches
Hight = 40 Inches
I will start a thread when the stand is delivered and also start documenting the journey. I will more than likely start curing rock this weekend. I probably won't fully have the tank up and running until about November or December. I purchased the 180 back in March but I am having to save for equipment and purchase it slowly as my rock cures for 3 months.
That's awesome!! congrats. be sure to post ur build thread in here so we can all come check it out!!!
You should look into moving to Naples/Marco island. It's extremely quiet and crime free down here!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Indiana is gaining big from business/enterprise fleeing illinois, michigan, and even some WI! I love my state.

Except the weather, it's bad here, too. Not quite as bad, but it's still not great LOL!

OP
OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Indiana is gaining big from business/enterprise fleeing illinois, michigan, and even some WI! I love my state.

Except the weather, it's bad here, too. Not quite as bad, but it's still not great LOL!
Yeah my whole family is from Zionsville, Whitestown, Carmel, Fishers... I love Indiana, except for Indianapolis, it gets pretty rough around there!!!

OP
OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@dbl can vouch for this area, and how nice it is!

Jrod381

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m also born and raised in Chicago North side, went to LT would cut school to watch the cubs play all the time lol. Beeen in Central Florida for 15 years and I will never go back. I love my city, the food the people, the scenery but everything is so expensive and the crime. I understand exactly how you feel

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yep, I was aware of your planned move to Florida which is why it surprised me a little that you set up the 660.

Vacation in Sarasota during the winter!
The 660 acrylic is VERY moveable. the 360g glass was not. (weight and dimensions)
I wanted a BIG tank both now and for my move, which is why I chose this one. Other than getting it into the house, the 660g has been very easy to work with, work on and service

OP
OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 660 acrylic is VERY moveable. the 360g glass was not. (weight and dimensions)
I wanted a BIG tank both now and for my move, which is why I chose this one. Other than getting it into the house, the 660g has been very easy to work with, work on and service
I know it's possible, but when you say 660 movable it makes me cringe with fright. lol

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I was speaking more in terms of moving corals and fish unless you will be offloading them and starting over in FL. Although, I've seen people breakdown and overnight livestock to already set-up systems. All depends on funds, logistics and assistance from others that know what they're doing.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I was speaking more in terms of moving corals and fish unless you will be offloading them and starting over in FL. Although, I've seen people breakdown and overnight livestock to already set-up systems. All depends on funds, logistics and assistance from others that know what they're doing.
I have 4 people that will take my coral. I am transporting certain fish myself with use of battery operated pumps and unloading the rest

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I know it's possible, but when you say 660 movable it makes me cringe with fright. lol
I had this transported to me by truck and loved how it was stacked on stand and stayed in place which gave me assurance of a cross country move

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back