300 Gallon In-Wall + Fish Room / 115 Gallon Frag Tank

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@dbl can vouch for this area, and how nice it is!

Yes, yes I can. Can't imagine going back to the mid-west after being here this long. By the way friend, I still need to get back down to see you and bring a gift or three!!!

OP
OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

Hard work beats talent every time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, yes I can. Can't imagine going back to the mid-west after being here this long. By the way friend, I still need to get back down to see you and bring a gift or three!!!
Well I’m at the end stages of GHA and my tank will finally be fully cycled, so bring em on down!!! I might need to keep the PAR meter for another week or so to test the new T5’s :)

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I’m at the end stages of GHA and my tank will finally be fully cycled, so bring em on down!!! I might need to keep the PAR meter for another week or so to test the new T5’s :)

No worries...it will probably be that long before I can get the time to pay you a visit...lol.

OP
OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s going to be shocked when it’s full of fish in a year lol..

9F5D302B-2F7A-4709-A965-1381E3EA8ACE.jpeg

OP
OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered (2) yellow tangs and (1) blue Caribbean tang.. Had to get the blue Caribbean because hes native to my home waters!! ETA this Saturday! I was trying to add Acanthurus tangs last due to aggression, but I couldn't find a small purple tang :( plan is to add (1) purple and (1) powder blue and i'll be finished stocking tangs with a total of 7 tangs.. I might invest in a acclimation box, and I plan to feed heavy as always to keep aggression down.

Deep dive coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hippo looks to have a pinched stomach, he doesn’t get as much food as the others,but I’m quite certain it’s not parasites as they have been eating gc soaked food for 13 days now.. @Humblefish @HotRocks
No spots? And does he eat at all? Also when he eats does he spit the food right back out?

OP
OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No spots? And does he eat at all? Also when he eats does he spit the food right back out?
I've been watching him like a hawk. He has no signs of illness, never scratching or flashing. I watch him eat and haven't seen him spit it out. I know small hippos are very fragile and not hardy like when they get older, but I'm quite confident its stress due to the copper power (2.0) which they will be out of tomorrow 8/2 and go into a sterile QT for 14 days of GC. If he doesn't improve in the 2nd phase I will hold him in qt for longer. I don't want to stress him out more with a FW dip, especially because he isn't showing any signs of parasites.

Deep dive coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been watching him like a hawk. He has no signs of illness, never scratching or flashing. I watch him eat and haven't seen him spit it out. I know small hippos are very fragile and not hardy like when they get older, but I'm quite confident its stress due to the copper power (2.0) which they will be out of tomorrow 8/2 and go into a sterile QT for 14 days of GC. If he doesn't improve in the 2nd phase I will hold him in qt for longer. I don't want to stress him out more with a FW dip, especially because he isn't showing any signs of parasites.
Dont FW dip yet. Doesn't sound like parasites or anything. Just might be young.

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My trident just shipped, should have it early next week!!!
i got mine a couple of weeks ago and it works great... i still test a couple of times a week but it is awesome !! i did notice it tests lower with calcium consistently than a Hanna checker so not sure on that but is consistent so I'm ok with it

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@4FordFamily I know you have a few tangs.. If you got time read up and see what you think. Please and thank you!
Seems like a good plan, Caribbean blue can be pretty aggressive but it’s different enough from the powder blue it could work... but for the two yellow tangs. They are likely to fight each other, larger groups do better but I generally recommend 3 or so zebrasoma of different species at a minimum.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered (2) yellow tangs and (1) blue Caribbean tang.. Had to get the blue Caribbean because hes native to my home waters!! ETA this Saturday! I was trying to add Acanthurus tangs last due to aggression, but I couldn't find a small purple tang :( plan is to add (1) purple and (1) powder blue and i'll be finished stocking tangs with a total of 7 tangs.. I might invest in a acclimation box, and I plan to feed heavy as always to keep aggression down.

I had no idea that Blue Caribbean tangs were native to Indiana! Sounds a little like fake news but, since I know you, I'm going to take your word for it. :p

OP
OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had no idea that Blue Caribbean tangs were native to Indiana! Sounds a little like fake news but, since I know you, I'm going to take your word for it. :p
Hahahahahaha, they are found in local retention ponds

OP
OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like a good plan, Caribbean blue can be pretty aggressive but it’s different enough from the powder blue it could work... but for the two yellow tangs. They are likely to fight each other, larger groups do better but I generally recommend 3 or so zebrasoma of different species at a minimum.
Got lucky and a purple was available so exchanged one yellow for one purple!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Haha not in Indiana for sure. True story though fishing in a retention pond in a very upscale neighborhood I caught a 11-12 inch long “Black Belt Cichlid” . It was a stunning fish that someone obviously released. Lucky for it, I caught it the same year and my friend bought a tank specifically to house it for 4 more years until it died!
Got lucky and a purple was available so exchanged one yellow for one purple!

Good choice! :)

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back