OP
OP
Ernie C

Ernie C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully a few more people will respond and then maybe we can come up with a meet up place that everyone can agree to. [emoji1303]

OP
OP
Ernie C

Ernie C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What area are you all in? I’m near Barnes park on SW Bird Rd. Any suggestions for a place to meet and greet?

OP
OP
Ernie C

Ernie C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well so there have only been four of us to respond but I’m up for a meet up some time. Are any of you members of FMAS? They sometimes have their monthly meetings at the UM Campus. I need to renew my 2019 membership

Bob2bob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im interested as well.

OP
OP
Ernie C

Ernie C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. Still interested here, guess we’ll have to figure out how to coordinate and where to meet up. Maybe a friendly frag swap among Miami locals?

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. Still interested here, guess we’ll have to figure out how to coordinate and where to meet up. Maybe a friendly frag swap among Miami locals?
This is the beginning of a scary movie. Ernie your profile pic is the quintessential pic of someone you shouldn’t meet up with in real life.

OP
OP
Ernie C

Ernie C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the beginning of a scary movie. Ernie your profile pic is the quintessential pic of someone you shouldn’t meet up with in real life.
[/QUO
Well it is a good thing you are in Tampa then isn't it. But if you ever visit Miami, I'm currently single. As you can see, i'm quite the looker. ;)

reefwreak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI folks, there's a HUGE group of Miami/Lauderdale/PalmBeach reefers in the Florida Marine Aquarium Society group. There's no presence of the group on R2R to my knowledge, but they have an active forum on RC, and there's also the facebook group. They also have a website for events and people who don't do the forum thing: https://www.fmas1955.org/

There's some spectacular reefers with amazing tanks and LONG histories of keeping every type of aquarium critter in the group, so I'd strongly suggest checking them out, joining the club, participating in some events, and posting on related forums (or lobby for them to start one on R2R if that's where the momentum is these days - I think they've mostly migrated to Facebook).

reefwreak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, I see there is an FMAS board here on R2R https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/florida-marine-aquarium-society.108/

It looks like FMAS posts in here, and people cross-post in here. What is the Miami Reef Club? Maybe that's why nobody is active here, too splintered. Is there a Miami Reef Club? Google doesn't turn anything up. Maybe it's worth asking R2R to close the "club" site, and then people will just stay focused in the FMAS forum?

OP
OP
Ernie C

Ernie C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I am a member of FMAS (might need to renew) . I follow their forum on here. The FMAS meetings are sometimes in Miami but mostly in plantation which i can never make it to. There is no Miami Reef Club to my knowledge. I posted this as an informal way to connect with some locals in the Miami area for an unofficial meet up if anyone was interested in organizing something. Sorry for the confusion.

reefwreak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries, I'm just trying to help you find more Miami reefers. I'd still recommend posting in the FMAS areas and asking for people in Miami, since FMAS is a thing, and there is a lot more traffic there then there is here in this subforum.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back