305 Reef Club, Miami Reefers

xiholdtruex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, Ernie here. I’ve been in the reef tank hobby for over 40 years. Have had all size tanks from 30 to 270. Currently happy with my RedSea Reefer 350 and all my WiFi gadgets. Born and raised in Miami and live near the Bird Rd stores. I started this thread in the hopes of creating a local support community for info, help, trades etc. Looks like we are on our way!
CA670648-F544-44D5-A307-EE8392261818.jpeg

Looks great are those the zoas in the corner?

OP
OP
Ernie C

Ernie C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have we heard anything to solidify the meet location at exotic from the owners?
Juan said he hasn’t heard back, and that his contact is off sundays and Monday’s so he might get the green light tomorrow. However, worse case we can meet at Brus Room that’s in front of Strictly fish. Wouldn’t mind having a cold beer. Haha

xiholdtruex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t used microbacter 7 but a few people said it’s great! I have never heard of live rock enhance but I assume unless you’re starting a new tank you wouldn’t need either no?

Live rock enhance and microbacter 7 along with dr tims waste away all have bacterial spore that eat away at hiddin detritus , sludge and film that can fuel unwated algaes and pests. In turn can promote coraline, clarity anf increase orp in the aquarium

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright guys!

We had a hiccup with the store due to some issues they had with another club before and don’t want to host any clubs for now (we’ll change their mind in the future) @juanrmattos di get us a discount for the club members but that’s something to be discussed in the meetup.

We will be meeting up at Bru’s room on bird road at 7pm.

8358 SW 40th st
Miami Fl 33155

The main reason for the meet up is to put faces to online reef buds and to get organized on what we plan to do moving forward. If you want to bring a frag or something is entirely up to you but we would suggest you have some sort of pre arrangements with the other members since frag swapping isn’t the goal this time around.

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a separate note....

For me it was as if it was written!!!

Those of you that have come to this group or seen my BT know I’m fairly new to Aquaforest, I’ve researched their products extensibly and I truly believe not only in the approach they are giving to each one of them but the results that are visible everywhere (Including my reef) in a daily basis.

Today I walked into my LFS and surprise!!!, right next to me: Mr Aquaforest himself!!!.

94BC34D3-6B21-4C62-8213-E7A6DEEB99B6.jpeg

I have to say, the charisma and dedication they are placing into us and our beloved hobby is overflowing, so to me it was a great day and a privilege to have been able to chat with him for a little while and experience up front that contagious passion that drives them.

So humbled and grateful right now.

;Happy

xiholdtruex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a separate note....

For me it was as if it was written!!!

Those of you that have come to this group or seen my BT know I’m fairly new to Aquaforest, I’ve researched their products extensibly and I truly believe not only in the approach they are giving to each one of them but the results that are visible everywhere (Including my reef) in a daily basis.

Today I walked into my LFS and surprise!!!, right next to me: Mr Aquaforest himself!!!.

94BC34D3-6B21-4C62-8213-E7A6DEEB99B6.jpeg

I have to say, the charisma and dedication they are placing into us and our beloved hobby is overflowing, so to me it was a great day and a privilege to have been able to chat with him for a little while and experience up front that contagious passion that drives them.

So humbled and grateful right now.

;Happy

Good stuff! Never seen any rep before nice to see them taking care of you

xiholdtruex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cough-Cough-Cough...
That would be the owner himself bud.

True pleasure to have met him :)
Oh thats really cool did not know that.

This is my tank at the moment

Thinking of moving all the zoa to the left bottom rock and the favia to the center left. In the rear center thinking of adding a candy cane frag to grow behind the center which I plan to make a hammer and frog spawn garden. Moving the montipora to the top left rock near the birdsnest is the plan so far. Think I may make my pico tank a zoa garden. What do you guys think?

Started using Dr Tims waste away today at half dose and every week upping the dose by 25% per dr tims customer service. Lets see if it makes any difference in the tank.
A9C4C170-8794-4F31-85CF-257E7DF25FD1.png

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys i dropped an update on my build thread about putting in my first frags onto the rocks like we talked... lol here is a link check it out!

TangoTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I’d like to be a part of this club if there’s still space

My name is Yoel and ive been in the hobby for 7 years, started with a 35 and now Im 7 month in on a 140, I have a build thread on here but I just mostly post all of my things on Instagram!
1566992918426.png

I’m in the bird road area and I’d love to be part of the swaps and just general meetups as well. Thanks guys, you’re doing something awesome here, hope I can be a part of it

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I’d like to be a part of this club if there’s still space

My name is Yoel and ive been in the hobby for 7 years, started with a 35 and now Im 7 month in on a 140, I have a build thread on here but I just mostly post all of my things on Instagram!
1566992918426.png

I’m in the bird road area and I’d love to be part of the swaps and just general meetups as well. Thanks guys, you’re doing something awesome here, hope I can be a part of it
Hey Yoel, you’re very much welcomed to be a part of the club. Make sure you follow us on Instagram too!

Do you think you can make it to the first meet up today at 7pm?

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 115 58.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 58 29.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 70 35.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.4%
Back